This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished lip maintenance

What's up guys. I have a set of CCW SP16S's on my car. The lips are polished as well as the hardware. Every time it rains or I wash my car, the water would leave water marks on the lips. Sometimes I can just wipe them off. Other times I have to use the mothers mag & aluminum polish to get it off.

Is there anything I can do so that whenever it rains the water doesn't leave water marks on the lips? Maybe like a wax or something like that? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by boostedR View Post
    What's up guys. I have a set of CCW SP16S's on my car. The lips are polished as well as the hardware. Every time it rains or I wash my car, the water would leave water marks on the lips. Sometimes I can just wipe them off. Other times I have to use the mothers mag & aluminum polish to get it off.

Is there anything I can do so that whenever it rains the water doesn't leave water marks on the lips? Maybe like a wax or something like that? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Go on autogeek.com
    you have to use a wheelwax.I forgot the name brand.but I use to have to do the same thing.
    I'd wash rims with good car wash soap.mequires gold glass
    clay them.polish with mothers ball.
    then seal in shine with wheel wax.
    or high end paint sealant.like Wolfgang paint sealant.
    Makes them easier to clean.keeps water and dullness look away. But have to do this once a month.
    still beats chrome.once chrome rusts it's finished.polished can always be reborn.

Comment

Get shine seal.suppose to bead water off up to two years.I just ordered some after to speaking with a rep from the company.

Comment

Those are awesome. Just got a 2008, got wheels, trying to source suspension parts. In the learning/research phase right meow.????
        free

Comment

I followed a couple guides for polishing wheels, and have had decent results with regular turtle wax to keep the surfaces clean.

How I polished the BBS wheel lips on my 1995 BMW E34 540i. I picked up about 90% of the supplies at Walmart. Although the garage had poor lighting, it made a...

Comment

Polished lip maintenance

Im not usually one for cleaning/detailing but whats the best stuff to use to polish wheels that have been cut back to bare metal and machine polished?

Comment

i would do a coating on freshly polished bare lips

Comment

Working...
              X