GAZ m20 from Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FowlerE30 View Post
    oh man... THAT is a project. Keep chipping away man, will be really cool when you finish this!
    important thing - is not to give up!

Comment

I apologize for my bad English...

I have a some doubt about engine. GAZ M20 are cars with 4-cylinder engines, this stock engine have a 50 horsepower.(not enough horsepower in today's traffic ) but that beutiful flathead. (originally It had a 6-cylinder engine,but Stalin said that crisis began after the second world war in the country , and people cant to pay for the large consumption of 6cylindr engine gasoline (but continued to put this engines on trucks(but not a GAZ M20 )) A friend of mine puts a six-cylinder engine to his lowrider bomb.. I think it's wonderful... But I really like "V"-engines (V6,V8) I work for a company that brings Spare parts from America. We buy broken American cars (Chevrolet, Ford, GMC etc.)they dismantle them in America and send those parts that we need. I'd like to buy old american car with Carburetor engine and automatic transmission dismantled from the old American cars. (80-s .. Chevy, Ford...) but it will cost a lot of money (because delivery) Therefore, it may be necessary here to search a car with an engine and an automatic transmission. An inexpensive option is a Ford Scorpio with 2.9 v6 engine
      Last edited by grmz; 07-19-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

By the way, we have somehow brought the entire vehicle from America and it cost at that time more than $ 10,000 ( in America at the auction, its price was about 4000)

(then the American currency began to rise, and if translated Russian money now this machine is ~20,000 (2014 / 34. rub = 1$ ,but now 2015/55.rub= 1$ ) so buying an old car at copart.com is not meaningful

Comment

That is a challenging project you got on your hands, hats off! You don't see a "Pobeda" quite often.

What about a GAZ 53 V8 engine? Shouldn't be hard to find, is a V8 and is somewhat period correct.
          "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
          Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
            That is a challenging project you got on your hands, hats off! You don't see a "Pobeda" quite often.

What about a GAZ 53 V8 engine? Shouldn't be hard to find, is a V8 and is somewhat period correct.

I fully agree with you. I also thinking about this engine. But my knowledge is not possible to determine the desired torque and the motor to dock with the desired automatic transmission.

I would like to simplify your task : Buy the whole system: engine + gearbox + rear axle + elecric

Comment

But on the other hand, I have a lot of friends who have installed this engine to gaz 24 and gaz 21

Comment

nice project! The model is nice. There is a picutre where your front panel is over some kind of tractor wheels. It would be crazy with those wheels on it. It's the russian thing to do.
                Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Originally posted by grmz View Post
                  But on the other hand, I have a lot of friends who have installed this engine to gaz 24 and gaz 21
                  Exactly, it's not that hard. There are hardly any electrics to worry about, you can also squeeze in the 4 speed manual, that comes with the engine. With the torque at your disposal, you could chuck into second or third and cruise along as an auto. Also, a weird extended shifter would be sick in that car. You can swap the whole rear axle from something like a Ford Transit or a Toyota Hyace (narrower track, some come with an LSD) or an older Volvo. I've seen a whole rear subframe swap from a BMW E34 as well on a GAZ 24.
                  There are enough options, if you research. Wish you good luck with the project, I'm probably as excited as you are
                  "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                  Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

работы тут хватит)
                    себе потихоньку ищу 21 волгу

https://vk.com/y200yk23rus
                    https://instagram.com/y200yk/

Comment

Originally posted by y200yk View Post
                      работы тут хватит)
                      себе потихоньку ищу 21 волгу
                      Yes, a lot of work.So sad that recently I have very little time for my GAZ
                      (Да, работы много. Но так грустно, что у меня так времени мало уходит на машину. Делается все по чуть чуть) I'm afraid I will be finished for a couple of years ( боюсь будет закончена лишь через пару лет)

Comment

When I was looking for a "victory" (Victory = POBEDA = GAZ M20 "POBEDA") , I almost give up, because they are very difficult to find the low price
                        (Когда я искал победы, я почти сдался, потому что они очень трудно найти низкую цену) Gas 21 easier to find,GAZ21 more and are a little cheaper.
                        (Газ 21 легче найти, GAZ21 больше и они немного дешевле.) When I spent some time could and not find a GAZ m20, I wanted to buy gaz 21(когда я потратил некоторое время на поиски победы... и это было безуспешно.. я задумался о покупке 21) I even went to a meeting of purchase and sale (see) gaz 21 (я посмотрел несколько 21, около 4-5 но так и не купил)
                        Last edited by grmz; 07-22-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                          Exactly, it's not that hard. There are hardly any electrics to worry about, you can also squeeze in the 4 speed manual, that comes with the engine. With the torque at your disposal, you could chuck into second or third and cruise along as an auto. Also, a weird extended shifter would be sick in that car. You can swap the whole rear axle from something like a Ford Transit or a Toyota Hyace (narrower track, some come with an LSD) or an older Volvo. I've seen a whole rear subframe swap from a BMW E34 as well on a GAZ 24.
                          There are enough options, if you research. Wish you good luck with the project, I'm probably as excited as you are
                          As the story of lowriding goes to America and American classic cars, I would like to heart (engine) were American (At least bore the name FORD\Chevy etc.). or Soviet.

But you think logically.
                          By the way, a lot of people put bridges from Volvo

Comment

Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                            nice project! The model is nice. There is a picutre where your front panel is over some kind of tractor wheels. It would be crazy with those wheels on it. It's the russian thing to do.
                            By the way, many have noticed this in the photo... Many joked)
                            This wheel gas 66, a military four-wheel drive truck. My colleague bought it for mere pennies. There V8.

Now there are some problems with registration. but he was ours.
                            Soon it will be on the road. It will be fun. But maybe gaz 66 will not need for us, and as a variant of its motor will be installed to me ... But this is only one option.

Comment

Originally posted by Meeve View Post

thats normal

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X