Mercedes W201 engine swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes W201 engine swaps

Hello all, as I still not have a car underneath my sorry behind, and the fact that I am really looking into buying a Merc to be a bit different here in The Netherlands. I am wanting to buy a simple W201 190e 1.8 or 2.0.
    But the fact is the W201 has some pretty weak engines if you ask me. Or they will cost me a huge amount of insurance a month.

I would love to do a crazy turbo engine swap. I have heard about some SR20DET swaps in the W201 but never really found a solid write-up of it. And as I love that engine this would be a great choice if it is do-able without it standing still for a full year. I can source up a engine pretty easily for a fairly good price but the problem is mounting it in.

Can any of you guys maybe point me in the right direction of how this could be done the best and what I will be needing for it.

Tnx
    Stance: Not here. Only a spring lowered Alfa Romeo 145 1.8 16v T.Spark. After the MOT I will start cutting coils.
    My tumblr: Here
    FYVW Tumblr: Here

Originally posted by Stephen
    stance pants so he can do the stance dance

dont do sr. i had one in my s13 and everyday i wished it was a rb. it was fun but not that impressive. unless your planning on getting a s15 sr, i dont think it would be worth all the work
    just my $.02

Comment

The SR is an extremely capable platform with an enormous aftermarket. Leaps and bounds ahead of the basic engines for the w201.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

The fun factor in the W201 is that the weight is pretty low and I will be okay to have around 250horsies as it still needs to be daily driven.

But the real problem for me lays within the conversion of to say the engine mounts and the transmission mounts and ofcourse the driveshafts and diff. Otherwise I could always hook up some aftermarket dials or just install the s14 cluster with some modification.
        Stance: Not here. Only a spring lowered Alfa Romeo 145 1.8 16v T.Spark. After the MOT I will start cutting coils.

Comment

im shopping for a SC300 to daily so i can do the sr swap into my w201 2.6, my engine is a pile of crap. mechanical fuel injection wtf?
          *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
          blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Yeah I have heard about that.
            But do you know about anything related to the swap as I haven't found any clues/tips on how to do it :P

Comment

i know that there is a thread concerning it on 190rev.net, but i think it may have stalled. i havnt seen updates on it in awhile, hope that could be of some help
              *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
              blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

check out 190revolution there are a shit ton of swaps done out there i am at some point in my life going to the LSX gen swap with a lil charger on it for shits n giggles.

but no joke 190revolution will set you in the right direction for good swaps or MBworld i think thats how you spell it

Comment

Using the LSx engine swap will save 100 pounds when they were able to delete the four cylinder, turbo system, factory subframe, intercooler and 2 piece drive shaft (switched to a 1 piece).
                  led Retrofit

Comment

You could supercharge your existing engine with a kompressor system from a c class. Or an alternative would be removing your secondary air pump and in its place mounting up a centrifugal supercharger. Just look on the mercedes forums. Some people have even used eaton superchargers. The only thing you will have to over come is your ecu, a piggyback to control air/fuel ratios would get it done.
                    1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

1jz or 2jz ....or vvti 1jz ftmfw

Comment

Could always do a 3.6 AMG swap. Orr...you could buy my spare 3.2 M104 and my turbo kit for it...easy 350whp...
                        Instagram: danimal._
                        Mercedes Build Thread
                        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

LSx swap

Comment

hope this helps

E-Class (W124) - 300CE WITH 2JZ TWIN TURBO MOTOR SWAP - I have started my 300ce swap. I must say this wasnt that hard! here are some pics! the harness with the eliminated wires and wrapped http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/JASON3977/IMG00001-20100306-1147.jpg w124 cluster with toyota supra gauges 383228 2jz motor...

Comment

Originally posted by hypercrush View Post
                              i know that there is a thread concerning it on 190rev.net, but i think it may have stalled. i havnt seen updates on it in awhile, hope that could be of some help
                              Nothing bad about that sir. It's just a little harder to understand at first and harder to find parts to service the K-jetronic.

Still a really cool fuel injection. Just can be a pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                              X