190e 2.3-8 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 190e 2.3-8 help!

Hello. I bought a 93 190e not too long ago, and like most of us, I started instantly looking for car parts. Suspension mods seems very limited to the Euro market as alot of builds get their products from europe.

Can any fellow Americans shed light on how to push me in the right direction? I don't want to have to cut my springs, but if I have to, I'll do what I gotta do! Thanks!

Any and all suspension and coilover discussion goes here. Talk about how to get where you want to be.

This is a great information thread.
    I'm going to plan lowering my 190E soon as well, but I'm probably going to get Ta Technix 60/40 lowering kit and just gonna cut the springs off them a bit. Gonna run 17s anyway, so I don't need to slam it as I would with 16s.

However most people go with this setup like written in the thread above.
    Front: E36 coilover struts (original springs cut, sportline springs)
    Rear: Saab 900/Ford Ranger struts (E36 front coilover springs)

The Saab 900 struts are quite short and should be okay if you're going static, however the Ford Ranger struts are really short compared to originals and make the car go very low. Might have to deal with reverse rake. If any W124/201 owners can help or add any additional information, feel free to share.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Thanks for the thread man! I was browsing, but couldn't find much Info through search. Once I came across some joke of a thread with a guy welding shit to his sway bar, I lost hope haha. I'm probably just gonna save for the Yellow coils and if I can get someone to do the e36 / ranger setup meantime, that'll work. I'm in a apartment complex and I left all my tools with my dad back on the east coast for his garage.

Comment

Working...
      X