X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Spray Painted S*** on my Car

Hey guys,
    I parked in a bad part of Philly and some dick sprayed graffiti on my hood and fender. I can't get it painted yet (more on that later) so I decided to just plastidip the parts black.

As I applied the dip (rustoleum brand), the graffiti started cracking underneath. I tapped one of the sections with my finger and the graffiti peeled off and I could see my original red underneath. So I sprayed the whole hood in plastidip since it was removing the graffiti. Turned out it only took the graffiti off in certain areas so my car looks like shit now. I took most of the dip off with paint thinner so I have sections of graffiti and dip left.

I'd like to get the whole car painted, but there are two problems:
    1) paint is waaaay out of budget. I don't know anyone who does it either.
    2) my bumpers are cracked and I can't find clean RX7 FC bumpers anywhere.

Is there a way to get the remaining graffiti off? I already spent $50 on self washes and supplies...

Try WD-40 instead of paint thinner, it should take off the spray paint and not damage your original paint underneath. You'll need to use a lot of elbow grease

Comment

What should I be scrubbing with?

Comment

That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

Later

D

Comment

If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
          Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
          well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
          and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

Originally posted by Expire View Post
            If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
            If Goof-Off works like Goo-Gone... do NOT use. That will eat through the clearcoat. I found out the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by UNF0RGIVEN View Post
              That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

Later

D
              That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust

Comment

Originally posted by KLDE View Post
                That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust
                If I just say S5, they will know what year this is for? PM me your contact info. I will text you pics and prices if I find anything.

Comment

dont want to damage the look if it anymore than already is
                  car servicing

Comment

Sand down the graffiti and then polish the paint underneath

Comment

Yeah a good buff would get rid of the spray paint no problem and bring it back down to clear coat. You could also try doing a light power wash.

Comment

should have just sanded the fender and then sprayed it with plasti dip. but since youre already knee deep. id just find a new fender from a junkyard and use that one. also a word of advice. paint is dead man wrap is lyfe. get laid not sprayed ;P
                        @davidcharloff

Comment

Depending how much paint is left - you may be able to clay it off. I hear it works wonders for spray paint overspray (according to an Amazon reviewer).

I'd try a high grit wetsand (1000-1500-2000), then compound, polish, wax if it's on there pretty well.
                          Should be safe if the original is a rattle can jobbie anyways!

Comment

I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
                            2016 WRX
                            E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by extra_slick View Post
                              I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
                              Considering this thread being almost two years old, I guess the grafitti already weathered off the car if he didn't fix it alread.....
                              Lucas
                              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                              Originally posted by LCG
                              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                              X