1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aitch View Post
    It was a few pages back. He was arrested in May for 5 counts of embezzlement. The hearing keeps getting pushed back, now set for November 19, 2015.

Meanwhile, apparently production of the Volvo suspension kits in question was passed off to MadVolvoPerformance, a company apparently in Texas with no previous web presence prior to July of this year. The SwedishOps "VolvoX" is also supposedly with them for promotional work, yet it continues to be seen in the photos (eg post #130) in this thread, of the workshop which is in Madill, Oklahoma. Speculation is rampant that MVP is simply another front for Robert Jackson. There's a great thread on the TurboBricks forum, where Robert was banned, and suddenly two other accounts from MVP were created, where most of the posts are written in exactly the same style as Robert. Fun times.
    yep
    Greg
    1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Well. That's a Shyamalan twist for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
        Well. That's a Shyamalan twist for you

That dude is a legendary scumbag in the Volvo world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          That dude is a legendary scumbag in the Volvo world.
          Sure made a sexy TVR though..

Comment

• Shame he's a scum bag because he builds some rad shit.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by Owndapwn View Post
              Sure made a sexy TVR though..
              Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
              Shame he's a scum bag because he builds some rad shit.
              this
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• We can't seem to get enough of this glorious build, just WOW

- Renato
                TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                sigpic

Comment

• "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Yep, he is ***** unanimously on TB. He kept posting about how everything was different than it appeared. All sounded pretty shady
                    My Build:

Comment

• well um.....shit
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Hadn't had much time to get some shop projects worked on due a hectic business schedule, but I am back in the shop and there will be some upcoming updates on the TVR Vixen and 1967 Gto LS2 build.

I finally figured out a place to mount the Ridetech TQ series triple adjust resevoirs, and it is an odd place overall, but there is no visual blockage out the rear and there is easy access for adjustments. I just need Ridetech to send me new stickers for the canisters so I can clock the logos correctly to take care of my OCD. In the last picture, please do not pay attention to the mock up heim joint link, because it is not the correct one and was only used for testing suspension articulation and mounting tab locations.

Comment

• Working on the reshape of the TVR's lower nose to add more center opening and to also bring the bodywork down to complete where TVR left off from the factory, and that will also clean up the excessive chassis/suspension exposure that just doesn't make the body work completed.

This is a rough in of course, so the center opening will have more curve and contour to blend out nicely to match the factory curves of the car, and the sides/corners of the center opening will have Arch and Rounded Corners to look much more at home. I needed something to be secure all the cut lower fiberglass pieces, so I made the center opening out of steel and welded to the factory bonnet tubing to give me a sturdy center points to work up to, so the fine tuning of those corners and contour of the opening will start happening when everything across the bottom is securely attached as one piece.

Hopefully everyone can see through the crude duct tape application and see the overall contour that if fairly close to the factory but just a bit more aggressive and lower to hide the excessive chassis exposure cleans it all up, which can be seen in the factory pictures below. And yes we are considering removing the front bumperettes totally.

First rough in to get rigidity and allow shaping. This part of the process is not to pretty, but it will be strong as hell, and give me what I need to build off of. As you should also be able to see, we are eliminating the front bumperettes, but I am still going to have the curved corners of the bonnet that mimic them.

Comment

• personally i think removing the bumperettes was a great call. they just looked out of place imho

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                            Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                              personally i think removing the bumperettes was a great call. they just looked out of place imho
                              There were, and they are being replaces with a modern lighting instead. Here is the first rough in to get rigidity and allow shaping. This part of the process is not to pretty, but it will be strong as hell, and give me what I need to build off of. As you should also be able to see, we are eliminating the front bumperettes, but I am still going to have the curved corners of the bonnet that mimic them.

We found a turn signal lamp that has a fairly similar shape to the front corner of the body, so it will replace the bumperette on each side. I have also sorted out the side shape of the opening to transition, but that will make it necessary to take the bottom lip of the grill opening along with slightly pitching the top of that grill opening about a 1/2in to subtly remove the flat center of the nose for a more contoured aggressive look

This is the rough rough idea fitting pieces and getting the outer perimeter dimensions right before the final contouring in the center, but it should give a good overall idea.

The top line you see here will come out about a 1/2in at the center, and then have a long gradual arc back in as it goes left to right off the center. I think this will be a nice affect and make the nose just a bit more complete in the center, plus it will take away from the addition of the extended chin scoop opening .

As you can see from the above pic, the center extension of the lower opening is not a large as it looks here, and actually extends not as far forward two front corners on the nose without the bumpers installed, so it is just an illusion of the pic that makes it look like it extends so much farther

Comment

• That's the spirit! Just continue like nothing ever happened
                                Lucas
                                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                                Originally posted by LCG
                                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                                X