No announcement yet.

1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

I figured I would put this TVR Vixen build here, because it is Stanced Out in a way with the new ride height and new custom wheels and tires. There is a lot of styling and fab work going into this car to get it to look right and perform right, so it is being converted to a General Motors 500+ horsepower LS6/TKO600 5-speed along with a lot of other necessary custom treatments to ensure the car will hold the power. The original chassis is being modified to accept the LS6 and 5-speed combo, along with retrofitting new custom control arms and C5 Corvette outer Hub/Spindle assemblies to allow the better geometry and lager brakes, and the power is being supplied to a 2005 GTO rear center section and custom axles to hold up.

The car has been lowered about 4 inches over all, and is running custom18x10 and 18x11's Boze Forged Wheels with 275/35/18 front and 315/30/18in rear Falken Tires, so this under 2100# car should kicks some ass. This car will be driven on a regular basis, along with perform on the Autocross/Road Courses for fun, so it is being built as a comfortable double duty car.

I have included some pictures of what I started with, and pictures of where I am up to date, but the car has August completion date for a race date. It was a pretty clean car to start with, but it really need to be restored anyway, so why not do it just a bit differently? LOL

Here is the original chassis and powerplant, and as you can see, it was begging to have something done with it.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 10:21 PM. Reason: Title Change

Here are a few pics of the LS6 and the 5-speed fitting into the original chassis, and as you can see, it is actually a nice fit. The really cool thing is that the car weighed in at just over 1900 pounds with the original 6cyl power plant, and the LS6/5-speed package is a little over 80 pounds lighter than that, so it will give me some room to play with to stay under the 2100# completed goal.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Here are a few rough in pics of the new control arms and C5 Corvette spindle conversion, and in these pictures you will see that I had to add an additional upper chassis rail to the front due to the new ride height and taller spindles, but this should also help make the chassis a bit more rigid by the time the fabricated cross brace is added in...

Here are a few pics of the 2005 GTO center section set in, and as you can see there will be a lot of modifications to get this done also, but the original rear would never hold up..Not only does it have to be functional, but it also has to be serviceable and removable if need be, so that will be a task in itself.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Here are a few more pictures of the current chassis setup, and you will also see the new Boze Forged wheels and Falken tires on the car, along with the Awesome Motor position that really cant get much better.. The owner of the car is sitting in the factory drivers position short of sitting a little higher on the bucket, but I wanted to demonstrate how small this chassis is, along with how all the layout should be great balance wise when completed.

The exhaust is also all run through the chassis as tight as possible for ground clearance purposes, but I am also working on what I think will be a very unique sounding center body exit exhaust that will be both Black Widow performance mufflers dumping transversally into a large chamber that will be inside the bodywork and have a mimic cut out exit at the back of the body work. I am not sure what the overall sound will be, but I am doing my best to not make this sound like a LS Corvette or a typical LS built car.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

WOW!

-Timo
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Mushroom Motorsport - Performance since 2003

My E28 M535 project..

Comment

Now for some of the Cool Styling changes to the body.. I sourced an Old School rear quarter Wide Body kit out of Europe, and this is not only a cool factory looking mod, but it will allow the 315/18 Falkens to be run in the back.. Another feature that I think will put this car over the top, and matches the Wide Body kit very nicely, is the Swan Style APR Rear Wing I had made for the car, so this this is going to be Low and Nasty looking once it all done, and should be able to really tear some cars up... LOL

In this picture, you can see the hint of the rear Tail Lamp modification back to an early TVR/Ford Tail Lamp, and I did this because I felt it looks much better than the inset rectangular, plus they would look better with the rear wing setup and exhaust.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Now here are some pictures of the wing, and the guy that I am building the car for really didn't like the idea of it when he saw the picture, but now that it is on the car he loves it.. In these pictures is may appear that the wing is very massive height and width wise, but it is actually much lower than the roof line and is still narrower than the factory Front Body Work, so these pictures are very deceiving. There is one picture in the group that will really demonstrate the size of the car overall, and it is the picture of the car down on the ground and you can see the door knob to the back shop, so make a reference that when it comes to the overall size of this car.. The wing is also completely removable with just a few bolts remove at the back brackets, and the frame work mounting the wing is all hidden and molded into the back bodywork, along with all of it being extremely braced for the potential forces the wing will add.

I also really like the early tail light conversion, because the original rectangular ones really took away from the styling of the car, and I personally think it was a mistake of TVR to go that route..

Last edited by BadassVixen; 04-21-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Holy fucking shit thats cool as balls

Comment

Originally posted by TheBig_Wood69 View Post
                  Thanks. And there will be a lot of updates coming in a short period of time to meet the August race date.

Comment

I want to go build me a racekar now!!

Comment

dude wow. very cool.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Looks cool

Comment

This thread delivers.....
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

This is almost too awesome.
                            My build thread (Old Buick wagon content)

Comment

this is SO freaking awesome! Can't wait for moar!!
                              1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

Working...
                              X