Ohtsu FP7000...worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohtsu FP7000...worth it?

So I'm in the market for some new cheapo stretch tires...the obvious options are federal 595's and Nankang NS-2's but I ran into a tire that is apparently new on the market...The Ohtsu FP7000, it's an all season non-directional tire produced by Falken. Prices are right around the 2 forementioned tires but the non-directional pattern is a major upside, no more tire flipping to get the most out of a tire. I was curious if anyone has ran these stretched with issues. Here are a few pics from Google....the stretch is a 205.40.17 on a 18x8.

I can't speak to stretching them, but I have run these on the rear of my Saab 9-5 wagon for the last couple years and they seem to tolerate being out of camber reasonably well. They're not terrible tires for the price.

Comment

Well, it's this "you get what you pay for" thing.

Yes, they're cheap, yes they stretch good - but that's about it.

At high speed they make a lot of noise and vibrate more than average.
      Not sure about that "all weather" too, they seem to be 100% summer tires.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Been running them for a year. 205/40 on a 9 and 215/40 on a 9.5. Beautiful stretch, nice ride, and an excellent price. My car is definitely not built for speed so I can't say much for performance, but for tires that serve the purpose I needed, I couldn't be happier.

Comment

Yes, they're cheap, yes they stretch good - but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
          X