No announcement yet.

Racing seat suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap fixed back seats suck for street use.

And there is nothing that screams "I'm a broke-ass bitch" more than a cheap fixed seat on the driver's side and a stock comfort seat on the passenger's side

I would just take the advice above and buy a set of vinyl sport seats. I say vinyl because it holds up way better than 25 year old leather, and most vinyl sport seats stay in good condition.

Comment

Yea. Im not doin seats, not for awhile anyway, change of plans. but i decided on vinyl sports in the future, they dont get trashed.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        Cheap fixed back seats suck for street use.

And there is nothing that screams "I'm a broke-ass bitch" more than a cheap fixed seat on the driver's side and a stock comfort seat on the passenger's side
        naw, it screams "i spent all my money on track fees and tires so suck it up passenger bitch, you're getting a ridealong while i rock my $100 bucketseat"

Comment

Originally posted by dO-bOy View Post
          naw, it screams "i spent all my money on track fees and tires so suck it up passenger bitch, you're getting a ridealong while i rock my $100 bucketseat"

Comment

i sat in a $300 MOMO fixed back set the other day. jesus that thing was pretty comfortable and felt like it would hold you in place really well. you might want to look into that. for $300 per seat you cant really lose!

Comment

in all seriousness, i have a Sparco Sprint Jr. fixed seat and its super comfortable, even on long roadtrips. the bottom is suspended so it makes up for the harsh suspension. and yea, i got it used for $100 with rails from a buddy. i'm so cheap, i rock the seat in both my daily and swap it over to the racecar for the weekends
              Last edited by dO-bOy; 09-04-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

You have to be careful because many groups/organizations will not let you run with unequal restraints. If you show up with a race seat and harness on the driver side and a stock passenger with some clip in harnesses to a BMWCCA event at Road Atlanta they very well may tell you that you can't run.

At local drift events or open tracking at smaller venues it usually is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                  You have to be careful because many groups/organizations will not let you run with unequal restraints.
                  true story. this year i only did local type events but depending on funds, i may try to compete on a semi-national level series just for kicks. car's not even caged yet anyways because i never planned to use this chassis for this long.

/theadjack

anyways, one thing i noticed is baller japanese race seat brands aren't very comfortable because the bottom's are basically a hard surface with thin foam covering it, but you definitely feel bumps. sounds to me like you're looking more for race-looking cruiser reclinable seats?

Comment

Gottalovethexi is selling he's red perferated status eats in the parts section. Seems like a decent price

Comment

-Brandon
                      E46 No More..
                      Her Concise History:
                      http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

I have these cheap ass MRC seats in my car. $300 shipped for the pair.

I swear to god I love them. They are awesome to sit in, and hug you like no other(unles you're a wide dude).

Everyone who sits in them wants to buy them it seems.

You can find them on ebay most of the time.

Comment

They would look pretty meh in an e30 but 300 shipped for a pair.. damn

Flickr

Comment

just ordered the sparco pro2000 today will be here tomorrow ill let you know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                              I have these cheap ass MRC seats in my car. $300 shipped for the pair.

I swear to god I love them. They are awesome to sit in, and hug you like no other(unles you're a wide dude).

Everyone who sits in them wants to buy them it seems.

You can find them on ebay most of the time.

They look nice and I saw them on ebay. But they say they have fiberglass backs. I'd be scared to see how these react in an accident.

Comment

Evo Recaros!! They feel great and i know they fit in a e36 with custom rails, so idk maybe the would fit in an e30.

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Working...
                                X