Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E38 BC Racing coilovers not low enough

Hi Everyone,

I've recently started an E38 project with the purchase of some BC Racing coilovers.
    The rears are fine and can go really low, the fronts however are no where near low enough, with about 2" wheel gap.
    The coilover lower mount is fitted correctly all the way into the hub carrier, and the coilover body wound all the way down into the lower mount til it bottoms out.

I've read about e38 owners using custom springs etc but no actual specs are ever posted.

Anyone else had this issue?

See if you can contact them about getting the the extreme low dampers. If you already have that option, well then, fuck.

Comment

I asked about them but was told they would only give me another 20mm, which is still not enough.

I don't see why there is a standard and extreme drop kit? Who buys coilovers and doesn't want it dropped???

Comment

Post pics of said height of car and how your coilovers are set up

Comment

Hi,

This is the front wheel gap

And this is the coilover fitted

I'd like to know what custom set up other e38 owners use, but no one seems to share lol.

Comment

Any E38 owners on BC's care to share???

Comment

It looks like that shock body has a lot of room left to go. Is the strut all the way seated as far as it can go in the strut mount?

Comment

yeah i dont get it, break the lock collar loose and crank them down. you appear to have quite a bit of threads showing..

Comment

Yeah, the damper is wound full down into the lower mount. It would appear after a bit of searching others have the same issue.

But how the hell have folk got round it as I've seen plenty of E38's on BC's and can tuck tyre on the front???

Comment

If that is how your fronts are sitting at this moment, it looks like you have 3-4 inches of thread you can go down. You need to lower down the collar and the spring will follow. Do that, then post pics!

Comment

The e39 kit should be basically the same parts and it can go a few inches lower than that without messing with the preload at all. I feel like they sent you wrong parts, their qc isn't very good.

Comment

The E39 front coilovers are missing the roll bar mounting,

If the spring is wound down the damper, won't that reduce the damper travel?

I fitted the shorter fronts today, it's a lot better, still maxed out though.
                        The rears need to go down a bit now.

Comment

This is the dampers together

This is how it sits now

Comment

I have an 01 E38. I purchased BC Coilovers a few weeks ago, I installed them yesterday.... Same issue?!?!?! Threaded All the way down, Ive got approx a 1 1/2 wheel gap in the front. What did you do? How did you get the stance you have now? I see the smaller shock/threaded body, is that from an e39?

Comment

Hi,

Takes the piss a little that the kit doesn't go lower than just springs would doesn't it?

I contacted BC UK who basically told me the E38 isn't designed to go that low (what the hell are they doing making coilovers then?)
                              I had to purchase shorter front coilover dampers to get it where it is now.

I can get the part numbers if you want?

Comment

Working...
                              X