Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about that man

But don't give up, your car is really clean, let's put it back on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis_D View Post
      Sorry about that man

But don't give up, your car is really clean, let's put it back on the road!
      Thanks dude, ill have her fixed soon enough

heads off

every valve got a wack,

Pistons look ok , ive bought a full new head as the guides look cracked onthe inlet side.

New head should be here soon, im gonna reseat the valves and put new seals in so its fresh to put back together over/after winter
      Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Very similar thing happened to my Audi (which is why I picked it up for so little haha), I'd recommend cleaning cleaning the carbon off your pistons while you have your head off. They don't look bad, but some engine cleaner and a scotch brite pad will have em looking real fresh, just make sure you crank each piston to the top of its stroke before cleaning(makes it way easier). If your careful your can also use the same method to remove the carbon from the top of the cylinder walls.

Good luck man! I always love a good Skyline!
        Last edited by 19birel; 10-27-2015, 11:00 AM.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
          Very similar thing happened to my Audi (which is why I picked it up for so little haha), I'd recommend cleaning cleaning the carbon off your pistons while you have your head off. They don't look bad, but some engine cleaner and a scotch brite pad will have em looking real fresh, just make sure you crank each cylinder to the top of its stroke before cleaning(makes it way easier). If your careful your can also use the same method to remove the carbon from the top of the cylinder walls.

Good luck man! I always love a good Skyline!
          Thanks mate, im gona clean up the block/pistons before the new head goes on. the whole motor is quite clean tbh its not very high mileage.

New head should be with me this evening it was delivered at the missis workplace this afternoon
          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by STU? View Post
            Thanks mate, im gona clean up the block/pistons before the new head goes on. the whole motor is quite clean tbh its not very high mileage.

New head should be with me this evening it was delivered at the missis workplace this afternoon
            Yeah, your's don't look nearly as bad as mine did with about 155k miles on the clock, it won't take much to clean yours up.

Can't wait to see it back on the road!

Comment

New head arrived ...

looks in decent shape, i will drop he valves out and grind them in with new seals also...... one snapped exhaust stud just like my current head :/ and a few missing but its here and a start to the old girls recovery.
              Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Parts came for rebuild

Need some new rubber washers for the rocker cover bolts seals still but I can't remember the company that stocks them

Had a bush made up also...

Gona refresh the new head over winter and paint up some bits ready to rebuild will also clean the bay up aswell but I'm gona wait until the better weather for that
                Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

I picked up a set of enkei rs-3s a while ago they are a mess but structualy sound by the looks of things, also they where very cheap. Only 17x8 et35 iirc im gona have to space the fronts at least to clear the callipers... and they have a weird style nut that i need to buy.

before i cleaned them.

after

they came out quite well for how they started.

The centers need a good clean up with the sand blaster as it looks like someone has powercoated over the origional diamond cut finish without removing any laqure or spidering which has just corroded like mad and lifted all the paint.... bloke i bought them off said he took them off a fto which had sat on a farm for 8 year :P
                  Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Also they are missing 2 "racing" center cap badges , if anyone has a pair or even a set id buy them
                    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Started stripping the new head down at the weekend didn't have very long on it but just need to remove the inlet valves then get the snapped exhaust stud out and valve seals and then start to refresh it....

Just received this from Australia

New coilpack harness as the origional ones plugs where just falling apart. The plastic has went very brittle over The years.
                      Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Nice progress! Can't wait to see this back on the road!

Comment

Engine back together yet? Nevermind the golf for now! Phone work and say, " I won't be in today. I got crushed by an angry ferret on amphetamines and now have a severed leg that requires weeks of surgery and rehabilitations. I'll see you tomorrow."
                          I think they would buy that for you to have a days working at the skyline!
                          I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                            Nice progress! Can't wait to see this back on the road!
                            thanks mate me either, my wedding in 3 month and im driving it there , need to repair and repaint my front bumper aswell it rolled off my ramps awhile ago and crack it in a few places

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                            Engine back together yet? Nevermind the golf for now! Phone work and say, " I won't be in today. I got crushed by an angry ferret on amphetamines and now have a severed leg that requires weeks of surgery and rehabilitations. I'll see you tomorrow."
                            I think they would buy that for you to have a days working at the skyline!
                            haha mate i wish i had time to work on both the cars, if only i could afford to bunk off work that sounds like a plan :P... christmas hols soon ill try get some graft in
                            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Bit of a small update i dont have alot of time to work on this at the moment.

head is completely stripped ive cleaned it up along with the valaves

got some funkey colour bolts with my new rocker cover seal/washers.

just need to lap the valves in and build it... got some paint to paint my inlet and rocker covers aswell while its off.
                              Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

always wanted one of these man, keep it up.
                                [/INDENT]

Comment

Working...
                                X