Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FowlerE30 View Post
    Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car! I removed my rear sub-frame and the mounting molds for the bushings actually broke off in the car. FML. SO imagine not only having to burn out the old rubber, but chisel out the old casting :'( Those bushings are just so ridiculous.
    Thanks mate i wasnt sure on the red at first but it shines up lovely rely pops in the sun ... i did have to chisel all 6 bushes aswell just getting the rubber out the way first helped

Originally posted by mohsen View Post
    make sure you brace that subframe
    i snapped mine after a few big launches with 300kw atw
    where do you recommend bracing it mate?
    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car!
      Looks cool

Comment

That rear end should be super tight (no pun intended) awesome 32

Comment

Thanks guys

few other pics I found.

URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1431170780424.jpg.html]

[/URL]
          Last edited by STU?; 05-12-2015, 02:26 AM.
          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

started cutting out the cancer .... its worse than it first looked as the inside was pretty gone but its nearly all cut out (i ran out of disks). i had to cut the outside of the sill open to get in to cut out the rot even tho the outside was fine. Ill weld this back in after ive rebuilt int inside

Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Love the work going in here!!

OP - nice looking car!
              Hipstagram tberardinucci

Comment

part way though the repair, the back of the sill and an inner skin is sorted and the inner arch as pictured. im trying my best with what ive got to work with and im just learning as i go. im pretty happy with how its turning out.

Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

frame went in

came home on a trailer with my golf

i finished the welding on the sill forgot to take any pics but ive just chucked some paint at it for now im going to skim the visable area over soon and tidy it up and stone chip it then refit my skirt. also cavity wax the sills as they havent been done and is why the welding was needed.

need to refit the interior i have removed so it didnt set on fire from welding and give it a wash since its covered in dust from being in an old lock up for months and will hopefully have it on the road in a few weeks time
                  Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

insured, moted and taxed... currently my daily drive untill i get my golf in 1 peice

she ticked over 160000km

And my rear wheel bearing was louder than the exhaust so swaped that out for a new one... same type as a gtr which are stupid expensive.

sill repair still needs flatted off to look nice but ive just stuck my skirt back on fro the moment i will tidy it up as some point but it will be fine for now its out of sight and painted.

needs a track rod end and aligment done all round but ive fallen for this old girl again
                    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Awesome

Comment

So ive been using this for work the past few weeks until i sort my golf out for the road... drives great as usual. pull into work on Friday last week and it cuts out when i went to engage reverse to pull into my space... naturally u try and start it makes a racket... SHIT something bad has happened....

left the old girl at work until my pal could get her on a trailer and take it back to mine on Saturday evening

took the cambelt cover off to find the ideler pully bolt had sheered :/... i did the belt and pump about 1k ago this was stock bolt as the kit didnt come with new ones.

so yea its kinda dead right now... gonna get the snapped bolt out and time it back up to find out the damage.....

i could replace the valves or a new complete head on it if no bottom end damage but that's a head gasket aswell and i might as well rebuild the head ... new rb20 isn't an option as the gts-4 block is different for the 4wd sump which is rare in the uk..

Then there is difffernet engine option.. rb25 (from a stagea for the 4wd block) or 26 (big money)

I've found a head for £250 to my door but then all the other costs will tot up to £5-600 im estimating if the bottom end is ok..... also found a stagea rb25det neo with most ancils , loom and ecu which will be about £750 into the county then picking it up from a shipping terminal....

OR make it rwd and shove a normal rb20 or 25 in (a mate has a 25 for sale at the moment) but i kinda don't want to make it not a gts-4 anymore its rare in the Uk and if it goes rwd it will become a skid shitter and will die.

So thats my bit of bad luck ....

hopefully the damage aint too bad with it just being on turnover but who knows.
                        Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by STU? View Post

Bushes out after a massive fight
                          #BurnAllTheBushings

In4 moar fellow Japanese goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by labuffness View Post
                            #BurnAllTheBushings

In4 moar fellow Japanese goodness.

haha mate just burn the whole fucking car shes being a little bitch
                            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

bit of a crap update , ive not done alot on the cars lately but any progress is better than none.

got the rest of the snapped bolt out of the block.

you can see the clearnace round the bolt is far to much it is only tight near the head.

So im goning to make a bush up to fill this gap so the force is more evenly distributed thought the bolt.

excuse the crap sketch :P

got a new bolt ready also

ordered a length of stainless bar to make the bush up. im going to time the car up when i get a chance and compression test it to see how bad the head is so fingers crossed .
                              Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

So compression test shows ZERO on all 6 . I Will pull the head off at some point and replace relevent bent valves.
                                Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X