Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

A friends of my dads brought this to the uk in 2002 iirc then a year or 2 later my dad bought it. I then purchased it from him last year as a summer/weekend toy.

It was standard apart from drift works front camber arms, m spec skirts and spats
    Ive since fitted:

.3" stainless turbo back exhaust
    .boost gauge
    .gizmo ebc (runnign about 11psi at the moment)
    .mines ecu
    .d2 coilovers
    .japspeed adjustable bottom arms(rear)
    .polybush rear drop links
    .rosejointed front drop links
    .whiteline subframe bushes (to be fitted)
    .decent sized fmic
    .cone filter.
    .deleted air con

probable a few thing ive missed. had fun in it over the sumer unfortunalty had a little accident which resulted in bent rear lower passangers wishbone +drop link and after replacing these it looks like my subframe is slighly tweeked, i have a new frame here ready for the whiteline bushes which i will start fixiing this thing at the weekend.

Will add some more pics when i have some
    Last edited by STU?; 08-13-2015, 06:46 AM.
    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

befor lows

after

front mount fitting, had to remove the motorized spoiler also removed air con.

I also did the timing belt and water pump while i had the front end off.

removed the full system just no pics of the rest that came out.

comparison

new ecu

boost gauge thats in it at the moment (just something i had lying around)

had a good wash and machine polish

photos are terrible but it made a hell of a difference to the car.

and she sat and gathered dust for 4 month

until the weekend just gone, i dropped the subframe to fit a new straight one also to upgrade some things while its out

frame is currently stripped bare need to sort out whats being transfered to new frame and what is scrap or spares. going to order my hicas delete soon as the hicas ball joint are dead.

Sorry for the terrible quality pictures.
    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015, 07:28 AM.
    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

DAng I LOVE R32s

Yours looks like its in amazing condition too.

Definitely subscribing to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
        DAng I LOVE R32s

Yours looks like its in amazing condition too.

Definitely subscribing to this thread.
        Thanks man shes not in bad shape for being in the uk so long, i need to repair the corner off the sill on the passangers side at the rear but its not to bad , basicly rotten round the jacking point . Damamged underboady protection off someone jacking it up shit in the past by the looks of it .....

Anyway i had a tidy up down the unit on Saturday, in prep for my week off (next week) to get some graft put in on both cars along with my house.... then dug my new subframe out of the corner only to find that it is incorrect.

Basicly i need a gtr frame as the diff is the gtr type but the frame i bough is a gtst... i tryed to find out which frame i needed befor hand but with the gts-4 being a bit of an oddball i got no definitive answer too a chance and fucked up ..

aw well £50 down the drain but i should get it back selling it to someone in the drift world........... so ive bough a gtr frame off ebay along with some new shiney items to go on the frame after it gets powercoated.

Some of these parts ive already got and some im waiting on.

Japspeed adjustabel lower arms (rear)

Super pro arb bushes and drop links

Solid Diff mounts

Whiteline subframe bushes

Bycas kit (proper hicas delete none of these shit lock out bars)

guys at conceptua are great get the parts to me quick and always put some sweets in the parcel .

i want to replace the camber and toe arms with adjustable items also but im building the car up (along with my golf) so i can leave the unit i rent as my first house is taking its toal with moneys :/ ... got enough space at home for the cars and will be saving to build a garage or even a good size wooden workshop/garage will do me.

Anyway ill update properly when my second new frame gets hear and i start building this thing back up.
        Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

I spied a mk1 Rocco.... Pics or it didn't happen! Also, love love LOVE R32's. By far my favourite of all skylines (Other than Kenmeri and Hakosuka's mind you)... My favourite of the modern styled Skylines even! Love it.
          I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            I spied a mk1 Rocco.... Pics or it didn't happen! Also, love love LOVE R32's. By far my favourite of all skylines (Other than Kenmeri and Hakosuka's mind you)... My favourite of the modern styled Skylines even! Love it.
            Yea there's a mk2 rocco in also (both aint mine), kinda of a vw guy at heart the unit is shared with 5 of us and its mostly vag stuff .... i quite like 31s along with the very early skylines, not the biggest fan of the 33 onward, not that i don't like them or wouldn't have one just prefer earlier.
            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

yey new subframe arrived .... excuse the state of my house I'm decorating....
              Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015, 04:09 AM.
              Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Bushes out after a massive fight
                Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015, 04:15 AM.
                Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

bycas kit turned up tool abit longer then expected so the guys at conceptua sent me free oil and fuel filters and some more sweets
                  Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

should have the frame back from powder coating this week yey
                    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015, 04:12 AM.
                    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

frame and brackets all shiny new powdercoat

I will get this built up soon but ive been putting some time in on my mk2
                      Last edited by STU?; 04-30-2015, 03:34 AM.
                      Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

all bushed up knocked the solid ones in myself but the main bushed are far to tight for a mallet or a vice haha. So my dad took them to work and pressed them in for me
                        Last edited by STU?; 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM.
                        Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Started building up the subframe , also got the diff bushes out which were abit of a pig.
                          also just took a few pics of the rust I need to cut out not to bad.

sorry pic ain't in order my phones playing up and won't let me cut and paste properly

[/URL]

URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_195206.jpg.html]

[/URL]URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_195159.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_203620.jpg.html]
                          Last edited by STU?; 05-08-2015, 01:58 AM.
                          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car! I removed my rear sub-frame and the mounting molds for the bushings actually broke off in the car. FML. SO imagine not only having to burn out the old rubber, but chisel out the old casting :'( Those bushings are just so ridiculous.

Comment

make sure you brace that subframe
                              i snapped mine after a few big launches with 300kw atw

Comment

Working...
                              X