Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

Default Baby Zilla (r32 gts-4)

A friends of my dads brought this to the uk in 2002 iirc then a year or 2 later my dad bought it. I then purchased it from him last year as a summer/weekend toy.

It was standard apart from drift works front camber arms, m spec skirts and spats
    Ive since fitted:

.3" stainless turbo back exhaust
    .boost gauge
    .gizmo ebc (runnign about 11psi at the moment)
    .mines ecu
    .d2 coilovers
    .japspeed adjustable bottom arms(rear)
    .polybush rear drop links
    .rosejointed front drop links
    .whiteline subframe bushes (to be fitted)
    .decent sized fmic
    .cone filter.
    .deleted air con

probable a few thing ive missed. had fun in it over the sumer unfortunalty had a little accident which resulted in bent rear lower passangers wishbone +drop link and after replacing these it looks like my subframe is slighly tweeked, i have a new frame here ready for the whiteline bushes which i will start fixiing this thing at the weekend.

Will add some more pics when i have some
    Last edited by STU?; 08-13-2015 at 06:46 AM.

befor lows

after

front mount fitting, had to remove the motorized spoiler also removed air con.

I also did the timing belt and water pump while i had the front end off.

removed the full system just no pics of the rest that came out.

comparison

new ecu

boost gauge thats in it at the moment (just something i had lying around)

had a good wash and machine polish

photos are terrible but it made a hell of a difference to the car.

and she sat and gathered dust for 4 month

until the weekend just gone, i dropped the subframe to fit a new straight one also to upgrade some things while its out

frame is currently stripped bare need to sort out whats being transfered to new frame and what is scrap or spares. going to order my hicas delete soon as the hicas ball joint are dead.

Sorry for the terrible quality pictures.
    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015 at 07:28 AM.

DAng I LOVE R32s

Yours looks like its in amazing condition too.

Definitely subscribing to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyQ View Post
    DAng I LOVE R32s

Yours looks like its in amazing condition too.

Definitely subscribing to this thread.
    Thanks man shes not in bad shape for being in the uk so long, i need to repair the corner off the sill on the passangers side at the rear but its not to bad , basicly rotten round the jacking point . Damamged underboady protection off someone jacking it up shit in the past by the looks of it .....

Anyway i had a tidy up down the unit on Saturday, in prep for my week off (next week) to get some graft put in on both cars along with my house.... then dug my new subframe out of the corner only to find that it is incorrect.

Basicly i need a gtr frame as the diff is the gtr type but the frame i bough is a gtst... i tryed to find out which frame i needed befor hand but with the gts-4 being a bit of an oddball i got no definitive answer too a chance and fucked up ..

aw well 50 down the drain but i should get it back selling it to someone in the drift world........... so ive bough a gtr frame off ebay along with some new shiney items to go on the frame after it gets powercoated.

Some of these parts ive already got and some im waiting on.

Japspeed adjustabel lower arms (rear)

Super pro arb bushes and drop links

Solid Diff mounts

Whiteline subframe bushes

Bycas kit (proper hicas delete none of these shit lock out bars)

guys at conceptua are great get the parts to me quick and always put some sweets in the parcel .

i want to replace the camber and toe arms with adjustable items also but im building the car up (along with my golf) so i can leave the unit i rent as my first house is taking its toal with moneys :/ ... got enough space at home for the cars and will be saving to build a garage or even a good size wooden workshop/garage will do me.

Anyway ill update properly when my second new frame gets hear and i start building this thing back up.

I spied a mk1 Rocco.... Pics or it didn't happen! Also, love love LOVE R32's. By far my favourite of all skylines (Other than Kenmeri and Hakosuka's mind you)... My favourite of the modern styled Skylines even! Love it.
    I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I spied a mk1 Rocco.... Pics or it didn't happen! Also, love love LOVE R32's. By far my favourite of all skylines (Other than Kenmeri and Hakosuka's mind you)... My favourite of the modern styled Skylines even! Love it.
    Yea there's a mk2 rocco in also (both aint mine), kinda of a vw guy at heart the unit is shared with 5 of us and its mostly vag stuff .... i quite like 31s along with the very early skylines, not the biggest fan of the 33 onward, not that i don't like them or wouldn't have one just prefer earlier.

yey new subframe arrived .... excuse the state of my house I'm decorating....
    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Bushes out after a massive fight
    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015 at 04:15 AM.

bycas kit turned up tool abit longer then expected so the guys at conceptua sent me free oil and fuel filters and some more sweets

should have the frame back from powder coating this week yey
    Last edited by STU?; 05-07-2015 at 04:12 AM.

frame and brackets all shiny new powdercoat

I will get this built up soon but ive been putting some time in on my mk2
    Last edited by STU?; 04-30-2015 at 03:34 AM.

all bushed up knocked the solid ones in myself but the main bushed are far to tight for a mallet or a vice haha. So my dad took them to work and pressed them in for me
    Last edited by STU?; 05-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Started building up the subframe , also got the diff bushes out which were abit of a pig.
    also just took a few pics of the rust I need to cut out not to bad.

sorry pic ain't in order my phones playing up and won't let me cut and paste properly

[/URL]

URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_195206.jpg.html]

[/URL]URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_195159.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150507_203620.jpg.html]
    Last edited by STU?; 05-08-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car! I removed my rear sub-frame and the mounting molds for the bushings actually broke off in the car. FML. SO imagine not only having to burn out the old rubber, but chisel out the old casting :'( Those bushings are just so ridiculous.
    [IMG][/IMG]

make sure you brace that subframe
    i snapped mine after a few big launches with 300kw atw

Quote Originally Posted by FowlerE30 View Post
    Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car! I removed my rear sub-frame and the mounting molds for the bushings actually broke off in the car. FML. SO imagine not only having to burn out the old rubber, but chisel out the old casting :'( Those bushings are just so ridiculous.
    Thanks mate i wasnt sure on the red at first but it shines up lovely rely pops in the sun ... i did have to chisel all 6 bushes aswell just getting the rubber out the way first helped

Quote Originally Posted by mohsen View Post
    make sure you brace that subframe
    i snapped mine after a few big launches with 300kw atw
    where do you recommend bracing it mate?

Good stuff, I like the shade of red you're rocking. Looks like a clean car!
    Looks cool

That rear end should be super tight (no pun intended) awesome 32

Thanks guys

few other pics I found.

URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/STUSUBSTANCE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1431170780424.jpg.html]

[/URL]
    Last edited by STU?; 05-12-2015 at 02:26 AM.

started cutting out the cancer .... its worse than it first looked as the inside was pretty gone but its nearly all cut out (i ran out of disks). i had to cut the outside of the sill open to get in to cut out the rot even tho the outside was fine. Ill weld this back in after ive rebuilt int inside

Love the work going in here!!

OP - nice looking car!
    Hipstagram tberardinucci

part way though the repair, the back of the sill and an inner skin is sorted and the inner arch as pictured. im trying my best with what ive got to work with and im just learning as i go. im pretty happy with how its turning out.

frame went in

came home on a trailer with my golf

i finished the welding on the sill forgot to take any pics but ive just chucked some paint at it for now im going to skim the visable area over soon and tidy it up and stone chip it then refit my skirt. also cavity wax the sills as they havent been done and is why the welding was needed.

need to refit the interior i have removed so it didnt set on fire from welding and give it a wash since its covered in dust from being in an old lock up for months and will hopefully have it on the road in a few weeks time

insured, moted and taxed... currently my daily drive untill i get my golf in 1 peice

she ticked over 160000km

And my rear wheel bearing was louder than the exhaust so swaped that out for a new one... same type as a gtr which are stupid expensive.

sill repair still needs flatted off to look nice but ive just stuck my skirt back on fro the moment i will tidy it up as some point but it will be fine for now its out of sight and painted.

needs a track rod end and aligment done all round but ive fallen for this old girl again

Awesome