• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the wheels are awesome, what are they?
    Shuttle Build

@regiment9ine

Comment

That thing is gorgeous. If you think that was a crappy MK2 you gotta take a trip to America. Fred Flinstone rotted out floors, completely trashed panels, and flares make up 90% of them here.

Comment

looks cool!!
        cool bmw

Comment

Thanks guys , means allot.

Kind words rely keep me going with this thing.

Its not to bad of shape tbh , just the usual mk2 areas which most are repaired now, inside the fuel filler was the worst managed to repair it without cutting out the outer skin.

Rear arches need some work but they arnt bad enough to fail and mot so i will be sorting those out when its back on the road. I plan on cutting them up quite abit to get more clearance so i can run it at the height it currently is....

Also the wheels are nothelle classic N's 16x7. ive got the center caps but i need to redrill the mounting holes as i had them welded up (muppet i got them off had snapped the caps off as he didnt have the center cap tool :/).

I should have a mk3 tdi fuel tank and the correct clutch m/c at the weekend so hopefully get those fitted and be a step closer to firing her up.
          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

So I haven't done a lot with this thing lately, got all the glass back in and swapped out the passengers side glass (tinted non vw) for a clear vw glass to match the rest.

Refitted the door and boot rubbers and back lights .

Started tidying out the car and sorted my loom for the fuel tank, also fitted the fuel tank.

Put a pair of mk2/3 coilovers in the back just to raise the car untill its on the road moted and my arches fettled etc then i will put the polo coilovers back in.

cleaned off the penis drawings and some graffiti off the bonnet and gave it a wash.

haven't took any pictures of this but i will update when im abit further down the line.

Kinda fell out with both of my cars and have been driving my mothers spare car for work until the golf is driveable which im going to battle on with now...

to try and help me love it again i bought this, i shouldn't have as i don't rely have the money but it was cheap.

I love the kit, but the grill is kinda hilarious but im gona make some light brackets up for it and i will try it out properly in the future.

plan is get the car on the road without the kit , i will do bodywork and fit the interior properly and mod my mk3 colour concept trim (currently yellow probs die it black) to fit while im using the car daily.

After bodywork fit the kit up , i will be trimming the front arches back under the arch trims anyway for wheel clearance the wings arnt genuine so it doesn't bother me , rear arches need some work but i plan on removing the lips and welding the 2 skins together as i want to be able to remove the kit and still retain the orig arch if i ever decide to go back to stock body.

going to cut the fuel filler out and put a new panel in , i tried to save it by repairing the inner skin but made abit of a mess with me learning to weld and lack of space in there so ill chop it all out and redo it

But for now its solid at least.

Gona get my head back in this thing so hopefully see some good updates for once.
            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Love the 80's retro bodykit! Mount the grill as well.
              Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
              New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
              Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
              My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

Very cool.
                Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Love the bodykit. But that frontmask/grille is awful

Comment

2 old press/mag pics I've found

Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Love the wheels and the kit! 90's style rules

Comment

Nice nice, some good work so far!
                        89 Carb'd-Turbo Golf Cabrio

Comment

Thanks guys, i will get some progress done on this thing in the new year.
                          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Finally found a decent size intercooler that should fit behind the grill nicely and has the piping all on one side. It's an oem cooler from a saab.

Second hand but cheap and in good shape

Pretty sure it's the same cooler as the last pic so should do nicely
                            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

MTDI it. Incase you don't know what that is, its a big turbo and a Defender 200TDI diesel pump. Good for an easy 250bhp and many many torques.
                              I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                                MTDI it. Incase you don't know what that is, its a big turbo and a Defender 200TDI diesel pump. Good for an easy 250bhp and many many torques.
                                i thought about going down the mtdi rout but at the moment im just putting this togeather spending as little as possible to get it on the road hence just using parts ive got lying around for interior and exhaust ect... its a thought in the future but it is going to be a daily driver, i do 40 mile a day min for work at the moment most of that on the motorway so massive power doesnt rely bother me at the moment i just want the thing in 1 peice and moted :P...

i do have a spare ahu lump sat in the shed so i may build that up for more power but if i end up loving the car again it may go pd in the future but who knows ive got to many other daft little projects to build
                                Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X