Shit box mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit box mk2

So im going to start this off to try and get me back into this car, i haven't touched it for a good 3 month and need to have it on the road July preferably.

First major post is going to be compiled from an old thread on a forum that is dead now.

Hope this can bring the old girl back to life.
    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Nissan Skyline (r32 gts-4)

Vw Lupo - Sold

i hope this all makes sence

here is what she looked like when i got her (I was 18 at the time and had purchased a pretty shite old mk2 off ebay :/)

Front end was a mess I replaced the bumpers and front end with a jetta front , drinves wing and bonnet was tweeked on the corner but nothing major these eventully were chucked out for better items.
    Painted bits and pieces, and picked up some mk1 p slots which I started to refurb and replaced fuel pump , oil pressure sensor and i have a new air fiter and oil filter. Motor ran like crap for a while and was eventually swapped out for another 1.3

some pics of engine swap and door pods I made (sounded ok but didn’t look the greatest was a first attempt at that sort of thing (these were scrapped at some point also)

[imghttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/STUSUBSTANCE/0035.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/STUSUBSTANCE/0037.jpg[/imh]

Basicly I had put an older engine in (ce1), had to do away with modern electronic ignition but the old thing ran nicely until he winter when I got sick of it getting wet constantly and breaking down so it eventully was took off the road.

Shoved some cheap coilovers on

and my pound shop bug that i chopped up for some “stance” haha

so since this is off the road and and was now my proper project i bought a mk3 vr6 for an engine swap, i also have a g60 front brake set up and 16v rear
    some pics of the mk3 car

Motor was just droped in on the orig frame just to get it out the back of my dads van and get the 1.3 to my mates for his mk1. Splitty is owned by a family friend who came round for my dad to llook at something on it I forget what as this was like 3 year ago since then the bus had a fire and was written off but is in someone elses hands being restored again…. bloke also gave me my first car at the age of 14 wich was a rotten old bug that me and my dad build into a beach buggy with a kyote 2 shell. Which I sold and have regretted ever since.

New stuff went in and painted some crap

pressure washed the grubby old vr6 pas rack stripped it down , painted it and rebuilt it with new mk2 tie rods n track rod ends

built the subframe up with polybushes

old vs new

new subframe in

solid front mount

the bay then looks like this

Started smoothing the bay, stripped sealer off and cut some unwanted items off, tucked the looms, early mk2 washer bottle in the boot for squirtys, put a rado pedal box in , and was ready to start welding etc. but it sat like this for along time and I collected parts for it.

Wheels I had on my jetta were powedercoated and packed away for when the time comes to build them back up , they need the dishs and bolts refinished still and i have a 5th one as a spair now which needs powdercoated to match.

Moved into a unit so I could work on it properly

new passangers door glass. Mine had been replaced with tinted glass. Took so long to find genuine clear glass with no reg marks
    since then we have moved units twice and ive bought my first house so I need to get my shit sorted and get the car done and leave to fund building a garage on the side of my house.
    Also, changed direction, I wanted to build a show car then the though of putting all that money into a boring not very quick fwd car made me sick. So I sold some raretys I had collected and bought a r32 skyline from my dad. Which is currently along side the mk2 needing work which I must get on top of.

Anyway that’s the story it was shit, I had a good laugh at times and have learned so much from this car but it needs to be in 1 piece again:P….

I will update soon with how the car stands… also it is now tdi
    Last edited by STU?; 03-04-2015, 07:51 AM. Reason: fixed a couple pics for ya
    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

sorry ALOT of pics have fucked up i will fix this :P
      Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

lol at the pic fuckup

from what i can c the easy fix will be manually deleting the "/" and the letters that are exta

so you went from vr6 to tdi (what was the donorcar or engine code?)

interested
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          lol at the pic fuckup

from what i can c the easy fix will be manually deleting the "/" and the letters that are exta

so you went from vr6 to tdi (what was the donorcar or engine code?)

interested
          haha at work did it quickly made fuck up :/ lol.

yea man went to tdi with me wanting to use it as a daily and i do like 50 mile a day commute... ahu code mate, i have a spare one for if i fall in love with the car again so i can build a big ish power motor
          Last edited by STU?; 03-04-2015, 06:14 AM.
          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

damn the photos that do work are looking good.
            quite interested what you're doing with this shitbox..

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
            "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

ahu, that's a 90's passat right

any further mods to that engine
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by DutchieSaxo View Post
                damn the photos that do work are looking good.
                quite interested what you're doing with this shitbox..
                Thanks man

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                ahu, that's a 90's passat right

any further mods to that engine
                Ones i have are from mk3 golfs but i think your right they did come in some passats.
                i have an ecu with some sort of map/chip which came with one of my engines from a mates old car which was pretty quick, egr delete (will be using pd130 intake mani when i get one). decat with stainless boxes (just a system i have lying around , may delete mid box)

not alot more for now just want it in 1 peice and start tweeking when the cars on the road again.

Also thanks for fixing a few of my pics, ill get the rest sorted asap but works internet is crap and keeps crashing..... Fecking copy and paste fail :P
                Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

pics fixed
                  Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

these are some more pics ive came across from progress.

Some repairs.

Jacking points on both side as the front were rotten underneith so i cut them out plated them back up and welded the jacking point back on as this was solid.

i havent got a pic of them finished at the moment but i will ad one soon.

Then the a pillars needed some work, drivers side being in need of quite abit cutting out passangers just needed a hole welded up.

no pics of rust before

it sat like this for awile

tdi came along

since then ive finished doing a semi-smooth bay. which is painted in truck bed liner as i want to redo the chassis legs in the future if i decide to keep the car.

also ive stripped the motor down cleaned and painted some bits and im waiting on new water pump and timing kit to turn up so it can go back togeather and drop back in, wiring is done for the tdi, just need to solder a few more connections and wrap the loom and shove it down the chassis legs.
                    Last edited by STU?; 03-10-2015, 09:01 AM.
                    Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

off work for a week next week plus Easter holidays so hoping to get some progress on this thing. Had a day down the unit saturday just gone mainly sorting out the ton off parts lying around , welded a new stud on the bulkhead that has ripped off when mounting the pedal box, got my new timing kit onto the motor and motor off the engine stand ready to bolt the gearbox etc back up. Sorry for the crap update
                      Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

I love older VWs so much, I almost bought a mk2 myself a couple months ago. Subscribed

Comment

motor back in
                          Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Got alittle more done on the mk2 , progress is slow from lack of motovasion and time with me working on my house in my spare time also. But its getting there

got my timing locks and timed the engine up with new belt and tentioner

cleaned the floor up around the axle bracket mounts and fitted a set of beam relocation plates which centralize the wheel in the arch when lowered a lot. also fitted my poly bushed beam back in along with bolting the suspension up properly (im using 6n polo coilovers which fit the same as mk2 but are far shorter so i will have more travel. I still have like 3 inch of adjustment on the rear but it will be lifted for mot and dropped again when i reshape my arches.

shoved and exhaust on from a mates old rado which will need a little tweeking but i quite like the daftness of it with the way the car is going to be.

i may **** it when its on properly but it will do for now

few units down are a bunch of lads who banger race, and this poor old volvo had took a beating

My shitty toolbox its not pretty but it does the job

abit obsessed with mango rubicon right now also

apologies for the quality of the photos im just using my phone camera at the moment :/
                            Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

finished up the exhaust which is just made from bits ive had lying around.. crap homemade decat downpipe , clamped to a 2" center section from my missis old 3.5 cabby to midbox and backbox from my mates old carrado (2.5") i welded a reducer into the midbox to join it to the center pipe. Needs the hangers tweeked to get it sitting right and away from the floor a little but it will do for now. i had to dint the backbox to clear the wheel well. ill probs cut the midbox out in the future but its on and will work for now

started putting the loom and dash back in , modded the dash to take the mk3 tdi clocks which match the engine.

also nipped to my parents and dragged the last of my car stuff out of there loft.

leaving my unit end of june and need this built and moted for then idealy.

need to pull my finger out
                              Vw Golf '90 (AHU tdi)

Vw Touran (2.0 tdi SE)

Vw Lupo - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X