SpamWorks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpamWorks

I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say that the level of spam threads polluting the boards is getting ridiculous.

A lot of the time it's obviously spam with poorly translated titles, but others, such as these;

Are all asking a question, and get similarly worded (to the question) responses with hyperlinks included.

I'm pretty certain these are spam.
    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
    Internet high five for you.

would you be surprised if i told you, you don't c half of the spam threads?

mods are taking and took steps to make it harder for spammers.

and i don't know what to think of that calypso brigit user
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

To be honest, no I wouldnt. I know the guys try their best, but recently there seem to be quite a few slipping the net.

They're odd aren't they? Seems like a legit user but something doesn't feel right.
      Last edited by nellydragracer; 02-23-2015, 07:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Some do slip through the cracks, I admit. Spam used to be simple enough that we could search broad terms such as "kitchen" or "iPhone5s" and just go on a deleting rampage, but now it's such random subjects that we have to go into each individual forum and click on them one by one. It also used to be that one spambot would post 20+ threads at once, so banning one person would take a large chunk out, but new ones do one thread then peace out. Then you get the ones that go into other people's threads and comment, which are basically impossible to find unless someone reports it or we happen to click into that thread.

I try to make a point to go into each forum and delete as much as I can at least once a week, but I have a life too and honestly don't spend as much time here as I used to. The newest update to vbulletin will help, but Mike and Andrew are very busy and it takes a lot of time to get it perfect. Just know that we are doing our best, and be happy you don't see this

If you are on here a lot and want to make a difference, feel free to pm one of us and we'll look into giving you clean up abilities.

Comment

There are over 1000 banned IP addresses (not including wildcard bans) the entire country of Pakistan and India has been banned as well. We add 30 IPs a week nowadays.
          Last edited by TheNeek; 02-25-2015, 11:00 AM.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I feel like a bit of a dick for bringing this up now. I never imagined the level of spam traffic that this place gets.

Comment

Working...
            X