Another Dual Cab Hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dual Cab Hilux

So here goes, I have started ordering parts to get this minitruck project rolling, as it's currently without rego I have to go through the Road Worthy process first, then I can look at wheels and lowering.

Here is the truck the afternoon I picked it up.

Bought from Ebay without testing or anything. (potentially foolish) In-laws drove me the 200kms to pick it up (as they were headed to that town as they live 25 mins away from there) Then me and my tools jumped in the car and drove it 200 kms back home again.

It ran like a dream.... but was DIRTY.

The Hilux had been sitting out the front of her dad's house for over 6 months, didn't miss a beat on the highway.

Next day gave the Hilux a good bath.

Much better.

Also removed the 40+kg bull bar from the front of it.

Started removing the "awesome" sticker

and cracked the windscreen with my heat gun so new glass is needed (most probably needed that for RWC anyway so no biggy)

Cleaned engine and found out the block is actually blue.

and there was a 22R sticker on the front of the head, that was black before I sprayed it all down with degreaser and the pressure washer

Attached Files

After the cleaning outside, pulled the seats out as the vinyl inside needed to be taken out, massive hole under the pedals that would catch your heal when pushing the clutch... not overly safe.

Years of dirt under here.

Going to take the seats out again and take a sponge with soapy water back in there again to get the remainder of the dirt out before I order new soundproof and carpet to go in.

I've taken both taillights out as they're cracked and wont pass inspection, so I'll probably palm them off on Ebay as someone might need a spare (or the globes)

Got LEDs on order that should get here in a couple of weeks, in the mean time going to get to installing a central locking kit and remote alarm I've got lying around in my shed.

I need more hours in the day as I have to get the steel wheel onto the tray bed, so I can paint that with primer and bed liner to treat the surface rust that's in there. Overall no "bad" rust so shouldn't take much to bring it up.
    Attached Files

Comment

so jealous of double cab minis...I'll be watching this for sure. Ditch that bull bar up front PLEASE!!
      95 ucf20. static, flatbelly, 18x11 18x12.5 lots of camber.

be my internet friend on the gram @thisisdalton

Comment

Originally posted by moist taco View Post
        so jealous of double cab minis...I'll be watching this for sure. Ditch that bull bar up front PLEASE!!
        Yeah the bull bar was pulled the morning after I got the car home

(sold it on ebay for $7 lol probably worth more to a metal recycler)

Tail lights should be here next week, ordered an electric areial as well (this one was snapped in a past life)

Ordering carpet on Tuesday and that should only take a fortnight to come in so it's coming together pretty quickly.

Comment

Quick update, Lights still aren't here (they left the states last week I think)

BUT in the mean time I have picked up an SR5 tub to replace the tarp one I have on the truck.

now comes the difficult decision, do I paint the cab blue to match the tub or paint the tub maroon to match the cab....

I'll post a couple pics of the tub tonight when I get it out of the trailer

Almost forgot that I installed the electric antenna on Thursday night (and finished the central locking physical install, now just to wire it in)

Going to get a cable kit to run for new speakers/ sub as well, I'm looking to replace the headunit with a new one with bluetooth
          Last edited by #R_; 02-15-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Just a quick update tease of the lights that have arrived

I'll post up photos when they're attached tonight
            Attached Files

Comment

Here they are installed

Figured I'll get the ute registered with these and then swap out for the SR5 tub I bought
              Last edited by #R_; 02-20-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Well uneventful year, sold the ute to my brother Jan last year, he got it road worthy and registered, then his wife got a work car, so they didn't need 3 in their lives, so I've bought the truck back

Going up to his place on saturday to fit a replacement alternator bracket (the one on there was "after market" and bent when he was replacing the fanbelts)

So I'll have the truck back home sunday I imagine then work on getting it lower and wheels, nothing has been done to the truck besides a reversing light.

That rear bar is coming off when I get it home as well I think

Comment

Working...
                X