This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight work

My passenger side headlight is looking faded, hazing and scratched up. What steps do you guys do to restore headlights back to new? what grit sand paper? what products?

Thanks!

Step 1) Mask off area around light to protect paint.
    Step 2) Start with ~1000 grit sand paper .
    Step 3) Wet the sand paper and keep a bucket of warm water with you.
    Step 4) Sand said headlight, moving in the same direction with each stroke while keeping the surface wet
    Step 5) Repeat steps using 1500/ 2000/ 2500/ 3000 grit paper.
    Step 6) Polish using abrasive polishing compound and fine polish.
    Step 7) Get so much fucking pussy because chicks can watch you pound them in the reflection of your headlights.
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
      Step 1) Mask off area around light to protect paint.
      Step 2) Start with ~1000 grit sand paper .
      Step 3) Wet the sand paper and keep a bucket of warm water with you.
      Step 4) Sand said headlight, moving in the same direction with each stroke while keeping the surface wet
      Step 5) Repeat steps using 1500/ 2000/ 2500/ 3000 grit paper.
      Step 6) Polish using abrasive polishing compound and fine polish.
      Step 7) Get so much fucking pussy because chicks can watch you pound them in the reflection of your headlights.
      I just want to add, it will help if you add a couple of drops of dish soap to the water and let your sandpaper soak for 15 or so minutes before sanding with each one. Rubber gloves will help your fingers from getting water logged and sore.
      IG - ChanbØb

Comment

I've had very good luck on my daily with Meguiars rubbing compound, then 105/205 on a wool pad. Be cautious not to get the lenses too warm while working on them. The challenge is afterwards, as you've just exposed a bunch of virgin plastic to oxygen, and it's going to haze up even faster. I've had good luck with religiously keeping a coat of synthetic wax on them, but for a more permanent solution, I've also tried wrapping plastic headlamps with clear paint protection film, which seems to successfully keep the lenses from oxidizing again.

Comment

step 7 is CRUCIAL lol

Comment

without a doubt getting step 7 completed is VITAL hahaha

but if you want longevity, esp since you sanded clear off the headlight, clear coat the suckers! an autostore clear in a can will suffice and keep em clear and glossy for hopefully years

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X