The United States Of StanceWorks - 2009 Cross-Country Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
    Plus we can watch Mike take pictures of my _ _ _ _.
    wayyyyy tooo easy....
    sigpic-ben
    ...fake splits for days...

Comment

• Originally posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
      wayyyyy tooo easy....
      your sig gives out your thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        Judging by the severe lack of updates, I would assume they are hard at work trying to fix whatever the issue is.
        This.
        Been under the car all morning. Will have parts tonight and more arriving in the morning. I'll get chapters 3 and 4 up soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
          This.
          Been under the car all morning. Will have parts tonight and more arriving in the morning. I'll get chapters 3 and 4 up soon.
          wow,

I hope you make it the rest of the way
          Chris-

Comment

• God speed, Mike Burroughs.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• Chapter Three: New Mexico, Old Tricks

We started out our day at 4am central time, which is 2am destination time. We patched our power steering line, and fixed a few other small bits, and got on the road asap.

And eventually the sun came up, and we were still rolling strong. It was quite pretty out.

GPS'in it up.

And we made it to New Mexico

And then New Mexico fucked us. Hard.

We had our first "overheat" at a border patrol station. We hung out, let it cool down, and then went on. No pics.

And then our exhaust fell off.

And then we "overheated" again... we thought it was overheating, but we realized it wasn't. It was something killing the spark or fuel as the car got really hot.... so we waited.

And then we broke down and fixed the idle control valve, because it was hanging out.

And then we overheated again. I replaced an AFM.

And then again. I changed the fuel filter on the side of the road.

We broke down again, tried putting the hood back on the car for "shade".

Again. We doused everything in icy water to cool it off.

And then again, on the geographical continental divide... and so we called AAA.

And so the tow truck finally came, and as we got the car on the truck, I found out my tires were mega corded.

Loaded up.

And then we hit a dust storm.

And we got to the AZ border, 45 miles from where we broke down.

The driver had to set us down and we waited for another truck.

The next guy showed up a bit later, after a few calls to AAA to get the right kind of truck (flatbed) out.

And we were off again. Finally heading "home". We were gonna make it, only 140 miles to Nic's....

And then someone wrecked on I10 and shut the interstate down for two hours... so we stood in the middle of the road for two hours...

But finally we made it.

Whew. Longest day ever.

Chapter 4 coming later.
              Last edited by M.Burroughs; 08-06-2009, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Drivers eye view, only cool kids get to see this first hand

Glass falls down from the window as we drive, every big bump is all falls into your lap

We putted into a boarder patrol check point and stopped for a bit. While sitting in some shade I noticed some things. All the little black things are dead bugs, big, dead bugs

Piles of bugs

Re-hanging the exhaust back up, again

Side of the road in New Mexico, 1 mile from a rest area

"Next time we break down, we're calling triple A" - Mike We ended up breaking down on the continental divide, ironic

Mike walking to see what was on the other side of the tunnel

There was a store that basically had everything, including huge ass boxes of fire works

Something is trying to keep us from the west, because this is where we broke down the last time

We think rusty may have been telling us it was time to stop, because of this

First tow truck

Second truck

Comment

• very unlucky. when u think could this get any worse it starts to rain, hit a dust storm or just break down.
                  Last edited by Reichy; 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM.
                  Clinton
                  1st Aussie on here
                  Im Back!

Comment

• Jesus, what a trip...

Comment

• Wow. Like 4+ breakdowns, 2 tow trucks, 2 hour standstill on the highway, corded rear tires. Wow....and all in one day. Once again. Wow.

Comment

• You may be living proof that I'm really not the unluckieest person in the world. Such in epic trip with so many wild stories. Haha. I hope you save all of this stuff to show your kids one day man. I don't think that anyone could ever top a story like this. Hope all goes well when you fix everything. Do you know why the spark is cutting out?

Comment

• what did the tow truck drivers think of the car?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• where was the trailer while being towed?
                            '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
                            '93 civic sedan tbd
                            '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

• Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                              Next stop San Diego bishes....

I have the _ _ _ _ in the fridge and they will be ready to drink when you get here.

Plus we can watch Mike take pictures of my _ _ _ _.
                              Originally posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
                              wayyyyy tooo easy....

Not as easy as you think.

I have the Heineken in the fridge.

I want Mike to shoot pictures of my BMW.

I suck at word game blank things.

Comment

• damn, sounds like a rough day.

and those tow truck drivers had to have been shocked to see what they were picking up. ahhaha

Comment

Working...
                                X