Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awsome work as always. love the new wheel

Comment

• Hello guys and Merry Christmas to you all.

here's some news on the small daily project

First some photos of the work that was involved on making the TTS (8S) steering wheel work on my car like it should

Custom made, and is being sold from the guys that made mine work

instrument cluster white led retrofit

All yellow and green indicatios would turn white as in the videos above

Then, early december, it was time to install my winter wheels, and go out for some fun in the snow

Brought out my guns

Studs fit perfectly in there

Custom painted caps fitted with no issues

All done

Then some TLC was needed for the summer wheels prior to storing them

Foam Lance comes handy

Came out great

Sealed them with Swissvax Autobahn for protection

Gave them an extra something

Stored them in place

No touching of those lips, dont worry

Stay tuned....got some snow footage on the way

Cheers

Mike

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• it snow in greece? never would have thought

Comment

• damn dude, this whole thread is filled with great content. hats off!

Comment

• Thank you sir, highly appreciate it
            More snow videos to follow hehe

Comment

• So, for quite some time now I've been lurking over ebay, to come acros a rear -line bumper in Misano Red , in a decent shape.

Seems like I scored

In great overall condition, just some minor cratches, mostly in this area, but i was gonna paint this part gloss black in the future anyway, so no biggy

Last shot with stock bumper on

Cleaned everything while we were there

Removal required some pretty sneaky deep sockets which i didnt have at the time with me but had to get

Trunk tray also needs to be removed

Some customization as always

Some better shots after a proper clean

All in all, i am very very pleased with how it came out. It gave exactly the rear width i was hoping for and made the wheels blend in even better.

Cheers, more to come

Comment

• mgpdoc,

I always look for your updates, it is amazing the attention you put in every detail.

your A1 is perfect!

If I were you I would ceramic coat the exhaust pipes in black.

regards!

Comment

• Hello and thank you, for your feedback, and for the fact that this is your first post here

Yes, the pipes would look interesting in ceramic coated black. I have been thinking about it in the past, not sure if i will go through with it. I think first thing will be the trim painted in black at the back.

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

• Mp..

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
                    Yes, the pipes would look interesting in ceramic coated black. I have been thinking about it in the past, not sure if i will go through with it. I think first thing will be the trim painted in black at the back.
                    Or maybe in an Akrapovic style?
                    SEAT Leon CUPRA R (1P)
                    fired by RMT-Tuning

Comment

• I may have missed some changes i made so let me get back to those.
                      It might be some small things, but they all add to the whole result i guess.

So, bought these

Before

And after

Gotta find a black washer fluid reservoir cap as well-if anyone knows where, let me know

Then I also, started collecting another set of parts

This buzzer

And these o-rings

This unit

This oem wiring

And these OEM sensors in Misano Red

So yes, we are getting ready for a parking sensor retrofit and i think i pretty much have everything i need. For now i am doing some maintenace modifications on my front suspension which i am also going to show you

Cheers

More to come

Mike, @mgpdoc over at instagram for even faster updates

Comment

• So after about 40.000km, the car seemed to have gotten somewhat lower, to rub more easily, and to make some weird rolling sounds that it didnt in the past. After closer inspection, it seemed that some components needed further attention. And when i say, further attention, i usuallycmean replace everything with new parts, on both driver and passenger side.

Let's see

I dont know how some of these parts are called in english to be honest, so i am just gonna show some photos of them, or describe them even, hehe

The outer ball joints of the steering rack

Then the bearings of the outer part of the front control arms

Also, new top mount bushings and bearings. Next time i might even go for powerflex ones, we shall see

Wrenching time

Uppon further inspection we also replaced this part of the steering rack

It's amazing what some wheels, and spacers can do in such short mileage

Car also received a proper alignment afterwards

Needless to say the car changed significantly after all this maintenance. It sat higher, and it felt lighter, like the tyres were underinflated if you can see what i mean. One side was worse but i chose to go for both.

Next time i need to do it again i might go for some powerflex components but i dont wanna compromise the ride quality by much (much more anyway) as this is my current daily. What is more, there is no comparison between the A1 floor and the golf, and i mean in quality. It's like everything is weak in comparison, but oh well it is a smaller car. It also uses many golf mk4 platform components for what it's worth.

Cheers

More to come,

Mike

Comment

• Sir you did a great job again!
                          The pictures and everything is so awesome keep it up love this build threat!

Comment

• I will do my best !

Thank you

Comment

• On an early spring night, prior to Easter Time in Greece, I had some work done, that led to this

Dont get me wrong, there is a plan here that it starting to evolve

Inspiration came from this

Rear seatbelts removed as well

Then had another roadtrip

Then, coming back there was a track day, in a track i had not ever before driven in, so decided i might as well go in with the AUD1ESEL, just to see the circuit, and so, naturally removed some unnecessary weight.

Then, i had some more ideas on RECAROS. Yeap, cant lie, i love RECAROS.

and what do you know . . . . .

Scored these that came out of and Audi R8 whose owner moved to a Ferrari and then a Lambo and these were looking for a new home

They are in amazing condition

Then I went on cleaning them and enhancing them with some protection

They were in great condition like i said, no need for much work

Bought some decals to customize the look

Super excited to say the least

Specific Audi A1 mounts from Recaro on the way, pretty soon.

More things have happened, stay tuned for updates, Cheers

Mike

Comment

• just read though the whole build ! this is a very cool little a1, the interior is so nice and i love the chassis set up

NICE WORK
                                LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Comment

Working...
                                X