Audi A1 by mgpdoc ••

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As always, mucho inspiration for me.
    Sadly I cannot use much for me as my A2 is just tooooo different from the A1.

The most sad thing for me is that I do not have round vents which can be converted to "gauge holders". The want is very strong with this one.

Keep it up, mate!
    Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
    Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Originally posted by whiteghost View Post
      Really like this one. Although winter wheels look better to me than summer ones. Keep the thread running
      I like them both very much, to the point where i cant decide which ones are better.
      I was thinking at some point to run the two rallye styles in front axle and the summer ones in the rear axle.

But i havent tried it yet.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• To who ever may help me on this issue i am having for the past 6 months. That is half a year.

-I found, a guy on instagram, named kcarbon, aka, Michael Ratcliffe, who was doing cf skinning parts.
        After talking with him on some ideas, we agreed on doing parts for my Audi A1. First one, was the steering wheel i had retrofitted from an Audi TTs (8S), that we agreed i would ship to him in order to do the following.

-Cf top and bottom
        -Alcantara sides with red stitching
        -Alcantara retrim of the already trimmed airbag
        -Cf airbag cover
        -Paint the airbag ring in gloss black.

All these were agreed for a certain price, so i sent my steering wheel to Stockport, Cheshire where he is located.
        He received the complete package. Then, I put the first payment through paypal so that he can start working on it. We are now at 16 November 2018.
        He supposedly started working on it, and then on 21 of January 2019 he claimed the things were about to be ready, so asked for the second payment so as to complete. Again, no questions asked, i sent the payment again via paypal.

So my payment was complete on January 2019.

He sent me some pics of half-assed job on the steering whereas the other items were not done, and he said on the emails they are ready and i cannot see clearly. Whereas items were NOT touched. After enormous amounts of lies, on April, about 5 months later, i decide that i cannot take up any more lying, which included from hospital health issues, to family problems, to photos of the items that a guy with a dslr has, i file claims through paypal for my payments.

When payment number 1 is issued back to me, he then remembers to do the items, to a very bad level of craftmanship, and demands money back in order to ship them. I have the second claim on paypal pending. After months of lying, i simply cannot send money again to this guy.
        There is a huge wave against him on instagram, from guys cheated and victims, known guys in the uk scene, with Audi R8s, Audi TTs, many many guys not having their parts and their money. I asked that he sent me the items ready, and a paypal invoice, but he simply wont go for it.
        So he is threatening me that he has my steering wheel, which you know how much it costs.

I will probably get the full refund i paid for the service, but what i am asking from the UK car community is some help with this situation, someone living nearby, or being able to help in any way. It is very sad for us car enthusiasts to be scammed like that.

I have talked with my country's police, with eu consumer services, and Uk Action Fraud and have filed reports.

Please guys, if anyone can be of any help, please let me know. I appreciate it.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

• Jesus this is crazy ..... feels really bad. I am from Bulgaria, but I have friends in the UK. Will write them all to see if I know someone in the area. I hope everything will be alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalin View Post
            Jesus this is crazy ..... feels really bad. I am from Bulgaria, but I have friends in the UK. Will write them all to see if I know someone in the area. I hope everything will be alright.
            Let me know if you have any good news on this. Situation is pretty bad i am afraid and i cant believe i might lose over 1,5k euros over this.

Comment

• So I had some changes to the car's badging just to freshen things up a bit and customize the look even more.

First inspiration was given by my other car, the blue Audi. It had this badging upfront on the RS4 Oem grille which i customized

Untitled by mgpdoc, on Flickr

So i thought i would keep the them on my little daily driver Audi as well given the grille was a bit naked.

Purchased a generic RS4 badge from ebay and threw away the lettering.
              Left up with this which i would modify

Painted the studs in black

And trimmed the back plate to meet my grille openings

Final Result was this.

Which I like very much

Excuse the dirty car

Then, I took inspiration from the new Audi A1 2018, which has from factory gloss black logos at the trunk , and also the new Audi badging for their models. Which is a little weird and hard to understand. So i looked further into it, and 40 TDI, means, 165 to 198hp, and ofcourse TDI engine.
              I liked the idea that this car didnt have this badging back then, and also that gloss black would not pop out on the gloss black trunk that I have at that specific area. What is more, it was gloss black from factory, which as we all know, doesnt look cheap, or chipped away like most of the time painted chrome does on these things even with a good prep. Downside was their price, which was out of this world. Guess they have hidden gold flakes in that paint, i dont know. At least I hope they do.

Then, having debadged my car the first day i got it, like i always do, i didnt have measurement of where the badges go, which can drive me crazy if they are not where they should. So i asked the dealership body shop to give me some templates to use just to glue the new ones on. As expected they didnt have any, and told me they measured out of another car each time they would put badges on . I was like wtf. So i decided to make my own templates from a friend's Audi A1.

First i had to remove this

Started like this, with markings on standard places like the tailight

Went to this and wanted to make some removable and re-usable

There

Now i would transfer it onto here and cut where the logo is

Like this

All done passenger side

Driver Side

Done

Both done

Passenger side, transferred and tape as a guide

Installed

Sit back and enjoy

Exactly the look i was going after

Driver side next

All done

Barely visible, like debadged even, yet it is there. Very subtle.

Cheers guys I hope you liked this as well

Regards

Mike

Comment

• That turned out awesome. Black over black looks perfect
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• clean!

Comment

• I'd bag one of these in a heartbeat!

Comment

• Still mind blowing how much attention to the detail you put on your cars

Comment

• So something that i had been wanting to do for a very long time, but never went for it, simply because i hadnt found a company i could trust, due to safety issues, is the following task.

I will let pics do the talking.

How I received them.

June 2019 by mgpdoc, on Flickr

Amazing quality, they sent me my old web back as well all intact.

Guess some shops in UK live up to their names, and their nation's honesty rather than being a fraud. Amazing quality, and what is more, they sent it, and requested money to be paid not later than 30 days after receiving the items. I mean, who does that. Amazing service.

Lost no time and started installing them, after having used the car for about a week or so with the racing scroth harnesses.

Mounted the seatbelt correctly this time, through the seat, like this

All done

And this is how they look in the Golf, in the colour i chose for that interior.

Cheers guys, I hope you like them as well

Regards

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                          Still mind blowing how much attention to the detail you put on your cars
                          thanks mate

Comment

• Hey mate, unfortunately I had no luck with helping you out with the wheel situation. Any new news on that?

Besides that, your cars are amazing. You should actually start making some projects for customers. Excellent job!

Comment

• Belt color choice looks great in both cars.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalin View Post
                                Hey mate, unfortunately I had no luck with helping you out with the wheel situation. Any new news on that?

Besides that, your cars are amazing. You should actually start making some projects for customers. Excellent job!
                                Hello and thank you.
                                My profession is a medical doctor, so i dont think i have the time to do both things at the level i desire.
                                I wish i did, it is something i would definitely like.

As for the steering wheel, yes there are some news , I will update the situation in the forthcoming days.

Regards

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X