How to prevent sparks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
    yea im not entirely sure about that, but im pretty sure the exhaust wont get hot enough to ignite the oil. Motor oil has a pretty high flash point or your car wouldn't last very long
    One of my old cars threw a rod through the block, sprayed oil on the hot exhaust, and caught fire.

Oil is definitely flammable.

Comment

Originally posted by .Ryen. View Post
      lolwut
      LOL... that's what I was thinking.

-Robert
      Starion with illegal mods, cuz it's something I'd drive.
      sigpic

Comment

problem solved =P
        Originally posted by M.Burroughs
        I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

seven
          cars and stuff

Comment

That is some low-ish right there, your car is certainly not ugly haha. I second the idea of full straight pipe and no flanges.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

that car is awesome
              |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
              Drama you are like god
              Originally posted by SwearBear
              Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Had to lift my car up, just a little. It feels like a monster truck now.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, a proper photoshoot will be in oder.

"Pavement Eater"
                WFC #1913
                sigpic
                Stanceworks Feature
                http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=8665

Comment

wow u were slammed as f**k.. even with it being raised slightly, car still looks SEXY man. clean 240

Comment

I had this problem. I wasnt getting pulled over though.

My mid mufflers scrape everything. My hangers are shit so I got some huge zip ties and replaced the mid mufflers with straight pipes till I get it all tucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                      I had this problem. I wasnt getting pulled over though.
                      Yea but i'm asian, i drive a japanese car and have literally hundreds of stickers in or around my car lol

I get, profiled

"Pavement Eater"
                      WFC #1913
                      sigpic
                      Stanceworks Feature

Comment

Yea so, my muffler fell of the other day... had to get out of my car and run back and pick it up.. Freakin stock muffler is all rusted at the welds and i guess from slapping the ground so many times it just broke like a twig. Took it to the local muffler shop, it was my first time getting on a lift after slamming my car mind you. Took off my front bumper and i got on the lift perfect, looked under the car to find out that my whole exhaust section. The 2 resonators, the high flow cat and my down pipe are all flat now, completely level'd haha. I wont even mention my frame rails, cause they're now nonexistent -_- it was all good untill i had to get off. for some reason my frame rails locked on the peak of the lift ramp. And i got stuck... they had to jack up my car from the diff and i had to adjust the coils and lift it lol. I was afraid they would get mad for fucking up their shit, but they just laughed it off and asked how i even drive this thing haha.

Anyways, just thought i'd share.
                        And i'll be back there tomorrow, because i just picked up an exhaust today

"Pavement Eater"
                        WFC #1913
                        sigpic
                        Stanceworks Feature

Comment

you can try wrapping a cheapy hose clamp around your rubber exhaust hangers -- it's cheap, keeps your exhaust solid, and raises it a bit. disregard if you have poly hangers already

Comment

Dude check out this place called tap plastic. If there isnt one around you, they have a website. They sell this wierd film there. You could slap that to the underside of what ever is scraping (id skip the exhaust tips if thats a problem) it wont stop the scraping, but it will stop the sparks + no one will see a thin layer of film under ur car......if they can, ur not low enough

Comment

still looks high from looking at the side body. ;p.
                              Swang.n.Bang

Comment

Working...
                              X