Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one off 18"x9.5/10.5 compomotive mesh 5x120

Sold

wasn't planning on putting these wheels up for sale, but the opportunity to grab a 964 is possibly right in front of me, so lots of the personal wheel collection might be going up for sale very soon at a discounted rate for quick sale

one off built
    18x9.5 and 18x10.5 compomotive 601 mesh 3 piece
    5x120 bolt pattern

vintage 601 faces were sourced from compomotive storage when they temporarily went out of business a while back. got lucky and got my hands on a few sets of their faces...

-the faces were checked, then stripped, glass bead blasted, polished inside the windows, powder coated in gloss black, the faces were lastly diamond cut to resemble a radial brushed pattern on the edges of the spokes and shot with a gloss clear powder to finish up.
    -custom center caps were stamped to replicate the original ones that were made by compomotive in the '80s off of old pictures and a brochure i collected from comp. the logo caps were then redesigned in illustrator vector by me since there is no file out there for the original race logos. had the logos then produced in resin and attached to the stamped centercaps.

new double step 6061 t6 wheel halves were produced and drilled to the 20 bolt pattern and bore size for these faces. 18x2.5" and 18x3" lips coupled with 7" and 7.5" barrels

outer lips mirror polished, inner barrels satin black powder coat

comes with Falken Azenis rt615k tires in 225/40/18 and 265/40/18 respectively. awesome tires for the money, i use them quite often on the other cars.

quite the process. attention to detail like nothing on here.

price - sold complete shipped to the lower 48 states for the wheels and tires.

more pictures to come as well as a test fit picture or two. these were made for e46 M platform, but can be used on a variety of BMW cars. The set has zero miles on it, and two of the wheels were only mounted to a car for a few pictures..
    Last edited by 1badg35; 03-01-2016, 06:37 AM.
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

quick test fit on the old e46 wagon a few months back. wheels have been stored since and are untouched.

sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

bump

offers are being considered on or around 4k/ if you think about it, the tires alone were upwards of 1000, so its around a 3000$ set of wheels worth a whole lot more than that
      sigpic

Comment

Bump. Before I purchase a random BMW just to be able to run these wheels, let's get them on someone else's car!
        These things are literally perfect for the e46 platform, for the person who wants to be different than the pack. You'll never see another set like this.
        sigpic

Comment

So, to bring this back up from the dead, in an interest of selling for this upcoming season, prices dropped for a quick sale. Wheels have been in bags since the build and are as new.

3600 with tires picked up, 3750 shipped. Tires alone were over a grand, so you see the deal ahead. perfect setup for someone wanting a set of wheels no one else has. The only set like it is in my personal possession, disassembled with no plans of being assembled in the future.

if for some reason someone wants a wider version of this set, the other identical set can be assembled with wider halves for the same price and this one will go into storage.
          Last edited by 1badg35; 04-29-2015, 10:34 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

open to considering some offers, moreso from people with interesting 5x120 cars.
            sigpic

Comment

Bump for awesome wheels. Would love to put these on the Camaro.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
              And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

What's the face diameter on these?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

they are comparatively about 1/2" larger in diameter than a 16"bbs rs face..

still available to come and get or for me to ship. shipping will be a bit more expensive than typical as they have tires with them...
                  sigpic

Comment

shocked these haven't been picked up... sort of saddened that a much rarer nicer set of wheels sits while over 10 sets of 18" rs get sold in the exact same color combination... anyone want to do something different?

these are going on the family e36m for a test fit this week most likely, maybe some pictures of how well these things fit will help push a few.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am also opening this up to trade offers for the following:

-a manual trans reliable hatchback or wagon - willing to throw money on top for the right car, must have a clean title. ideally from the following vehicles or something similar : volvo c30, v70r or non r, golf tdi 4 door (mkv,vi)

-a wide 5x114 3 piece set of wheels

nothing else
                      Last edited by 1badg35; 07-27-2015, 11:37 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Interested Vince? Doesn't have to be this particular set... Actually more interested in the RF's or anything else in e46 m3 fitment. Let me know.

Last edited by Staggered; 07-27-2015, 11:24 AM.
                        05' ZCP M3 | ig: @justin821

Comment

no, thanks though for posting up the offer. I am hoping to find something that needs zero work as I have too many projects on hand and need something as a backup vehicle and a hauler to replace the jeep gc i cant stand..
                          Have been looking through mkv and vi TDIs lately. Not at all my type of vehicle but it'll do the trick
                          Last edited by 1badg35; 07-27-2015, 11:37 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

alright, so i am officially offing some stuff out of the personal collection and these must go. 3100 wheels alone, 3500 with tires. to put this into perspective, the brand new wheel halves alone are one off and worth 2k, that doesn't include hardware, the faces, the one off caps, finishing, etc..

found another car that i must have, so the wheels taking up an entire car bay in the garage need to be sorted through.
                            Last edited by 1badg35; 08-17-2015, 09:48 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Test fitting on the e36m tomorrow, pictures to come of the fit

Need these gone to make room for an incoming project
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X