Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to place an order, last minute suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to place an order, last minute suggestions?

Hi guys, first time bagging a car (b6 a4), I'm going with the accuair e-level with rocker switch from bag riders. http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...ER-SWITCH.html (will be adding remote later)
    Going with aluminum hard lines, and the SMC water trap. They are throwing in the power kit for free(30$) and the ilevel system in for free also. Am i missing anything other then the airbags itself? Grand total is 1700$ USD. Single 400c Viair compressor, 4 gallon tank. Does anyone know any other sources i can price match from to save a bit more before i order? Thanks.

Upgrade to the 444c. It's worth it for the additional 50 psi and the 100% duty cycle. You also need a safety valve and a tank drain, unless you're going to use the Schrader valve as the drain.

EDIT: I can't remember whether their power kits come with a relay or not, but you need one.

EDIT 2: I recommend using compression fittings with hard lines, rather than PTC, so consider ordering enough of those to do the job.
    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 12-29-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      Upgrade to the 444c. It's worth it for the additional 50 psi and the 100% duty cycle. You also need a safety valve and a tank drain, unless you're going to use the Schrader valve as the drain.

EDIT: I can't remember whether their power kits come with a relay or not, but you need one.

EDIT 2: I recommend using compression fittings with hard lines, rather than PTC, so consider ordering enough of those to do the job.
      Thanks for the input, the schrader valve will be used to drain. I will ask about the relay, I'm pretty sure it does. And kinda dumb question, but do i need 1 compression fitting for each end of the hardline, correct? I appreciate the help.
      Found the 444c on amazon for 145$ so bagriders is going to price match that, sweet!

Comment

You don't strictly need a compression fitting on each end, but I generally recommend it. PTC fittings seal just fine to soft metal hard lines, but PTC fittings allow the line to rotate, which means you'll constantly be tweaking your hard lines to get them to sit right. A single compression fitting is generally enough to prevent rotation on short hard lines, but I would run one on each end for longer lines.

Comment

Might wanna go ahead and get a spare pressure sensor also. I've went through 2 of these digital psi sensors now and they aren't cheap. I'm in a cold weather location so they can act up if you don't drain your trap accordingly

Comment

How do you have your pressure sensors oriented? If you have them facing upwards (with the wires coming out the bottom), they will collect condensation and they'll fail when it freezes. If you face them downwards, so condensation drains out, this will be much less of an issue.

Comment

Yeah I have them about 3/4 up side of tank. Last one acted up I pulled it out and some moisture came out. I'm not sure how they go bad tho. My compressor would kick on when tank was empty and pump to about 80-90 psi then just shut off and not come back on

Comment

Working...
              X