No announcement yet.

Having my cake and eating it too. My 2002 WRX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacked out headlights totally change it up. Nice.

Can't wait to see some lows and new wheels.

Comment

Update yeeee

Finally got my boost gauge installed and wired up thanks to my homie and his dad the colonel. The job took an afternoon and the morning after. It was kinda a pain to wire up the thing as I wanted it to be white during the day and green to match the gauges when the headlights are on. But after alot of tinkering and guesswork I got it wired up nice.

Some pics for ya

Actually cold in here in SoCal so I threw the hood on

Mounted with the car turned off

Car on

Headlights on

Works and looks great although the gauge is reading about a pound too high. I'm deciding on whether to send it back or not as it was only 40$.

I'll try to get a video of the gauge and the exhaust soon but I have work the next 3 days in a row.

Hopefully I can update again once I paint my sideskirts before I head back to school. Peace.
      Shameless build thread plug
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69979

Comment

Love the detail of having it match both day and night. I can't stand aftermarket gauges that don't make any attempt to match the factory lighting.

What are you calibrating the gauge against that suggests it's reading a pound high?

Comment

had a blobeye a few years back running stage 2. i noticed you are in cali, so you will have to be mindful of emissions! looking forward the progress

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Love the detail of having it match both day and night. I can't stand aftermarket gauges that don't make any attempt to match the factory lighting.

What are you calibrating the gauge against that suggests it's reading a pound high?
            The needle just sits a little below zero when the car is off so that's why it reading high

Comment

Wouldn't that mean it's reading a pound low?

Comment

Off to a pretty good start. And I agree with your comments on plastidip - my entire car used to be dipped........NEVER AGAIN! I guess I figured i'd give it a shot......and I did......and peeled it off within a matter of months lol. I vowed never to use it again but I ended up dipping my OEM upper/lower grills because they were a bit faded/weathered and it made them basically look brand new again.

Wheels/suspension soon I hope?
                MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Here's the exhaust video I promised!

It's a collection of different clips outside and inside while driving.

I can figure out how to embed the video so here's the link.

2002 Subaru Wrx Wagon Cobb Catback ExhaustFilmed on a Canon T2i w/ Sigma 30mm f1.4 and a GoPro Hero 3 Plus Black EditionThis is a perfect daily driven exhaus...

Comment

Nice wagon man, I've posted pics of mine on here before if you wanna take a look at it. Recently sold the wheels and raised it up thinking about if I wanna keep mine or not

Comment

Rare update while I'm in school!

It's my birthday this weekend and I stumbled across something rare and cheap on ebay today. Soooooo, I decided to

I splurged (but not really) and picked up a set of Jdm black chrome projector headlights.

These usually sell from anywhere from 400-800$ to which I picked up for around 260$!

I guess the seller didn't know what he had lol. Or I got scammed. Doubt it though.

Here's how they look installed

In my opinion, this is the one mod that really takes the ugly ducking bugeye to the next level.

Ill update once I head back home and try to install them. Hopefully I can get them wired up but wiring is not my forte. It's scary lol.

Until next time and hopefully my next mod won't be headlight related haha

Comment

Good stuff man, I love these 02 wrx body styles, and bug eyes were some of the best looking subis. Excited to see what's to come!
                        Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                        well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                        and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

Pretty nice start, Bugeye FTW! love them.
                          www.carmem.es <--- it's quite fun.
                          |s l o w g e n t l e m a n|

Comment

Subbed! Slow but steady progress. Love it
                            "Not on that low piece of shit."

Comment

Bugeyes are so sick! Love the build so far

Renato
                              Team TWM Performance
                              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                              sigpic

Comment

update!

I came home from school this weekend and was welcomed by this

I traded the wagon for a challenger and got some awesome Mopar parts for it!

Jk. My Jdm projectors came in and were shipped in a mopar box lol.

Anyway, super stoked on these as its the first rare Jdm part I've purchased.

A little trivia on the lights. The European and Japanese market both received the projector version headlight for the bugeye impreza.The black chrome version was only for the Japanese market and was only made in early 2001. After that, the projectors were fitted with a matte black housing.

Pic Dump

JDM Yo

Only thing left do do know is order the Lightwerks wiring harness, give the lights a good polish, and get them installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X