Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The E28 that was suppose to be a parts car

A little over a year ago I was looking at an auction online and saw this

I bought it to use as a parts car for another E28 that I had. But it started right up after a jump. I drove it home 40 miles from the auction with no issues. And when I got it home and washed it off I realized that it had been recently painted. The body and paint were in better condition than my other one.

The only issue the car had was a messed up rear bumper. When I picked the car up the muffler was bent and the passenger mirror was falling off. The auction did that because they use forklifts to move everything around.

I got the exhaust bent back so that it didn't drag. And then my gauges didn't work.

I kept blowing a fuse. Finally figured out that the O2 sensor was causing a short and blowing the fuse anytime it was powered. So I disconnected that and had a working gauge cluster.

Then I bought yet ANOTHER E28 as a parts car and took the O2 sensor, mirror, rear bumper and some other odds and ends off that I needed.

While I had the rear bumper off of the parts car I went ahead and did a bumper tuck.

Somewhere in the midst of the above I was bored a few days and
    1.cut the springs
    2.mounted some style 32's

So the final result from all of that ended up being this:

That was with 45 series tires.

I didn't like the fender gap. So I switched to 40 series but 215's are still a little too much for the rear fenders

I have 205/40's in the front now and will be switching the rears to the same size soon. But I don't have any profile pictures of it with the 40 series. Changing to 40 series fixed my fender gap issue and the car is lower and more aggressive. I like it a lot better.

The car has been in the corner of the garage for months. I just charged the battery last week and have to do some maintenance on it.

I also picked up a set of BBS RS's that I need to refinish that I might throw on here.

The plans are to:
    -do maintenance
    -front bumper tuck
    -swap the rears to 205/40 tires
    -get a custom exhaust made
    -get my mirror painted matching color
    -build or buy a skid plate cause that oil pan is LOW
    -get megasquirt and learn to use it NA
    -turbo
    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

How do you have so much gap and so much rub

Just razzing, looks good so far.
    2009 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L "Snowbunny"
    1987 Volvo 244DL M47 "Turd Ferguson"
    1974 Volkswagen SuperBeetle 1303 "Diego"

Comment

Originally posted by thebornotaku View Post
      How do you have so much gap and so much rub

Just razzing, looks good so far.
      Thank you. But a valid question. I have not rolled the fenders so it's rubbing on the lip. It's like a L shape.
      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Wow. Forgot I started this thread. Makes me realize I haven't driven this car in almost a year.

I should rebuild my BBS RS's so I can have them ready for the spring. SMH
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Forgot I started this thread. Makes me realize I haven't driven this car in almost a year.

Comment

Working...
          X