Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98 Legacy GT-B Limited, or the cheap ass JDM twin turbo wagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The attention to detail is awesome. Cant wait to see it all together!

Comment

Wunderbar!

@ plus!

Chris

Comment

good work so far. those boxer blocks are funky

Comment

Doing awesome work, I really love these Legacys
          Don&Vlad || SOHK
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          '90 Honda Civic Shuttle EE2

Comment

"Gramps? Is that you?"

Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Slowly adding more and more parts... it's taking its time but I'm slowly getting there!

Few days ago I finally was able to throw the belt one and turn the engine for the first time.

It turns silky smooth and this being my first ever engine build, it sure was quite a relief to me.

Next I'll probably put the header and turbos on.

I still need to clean and flow check the injectors before I can assamble the intake..

Also waiting for a few hoses that i had to order as the old ones got pretty stiff over time.

Probably gonna replace the old fuel lines too as the rubber is quite stiff already too.

Same goes for the vacuum lines, which I'll probably replace with silicone hoses.

Comment

paint on the engine looks great, love to see builds like this.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

engine came out great
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I love the black and gold on the engine. Also I kinda want one of these even if they only come in RHD.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Turbos are on the engine, so another piece in the puzzle that is done

I got a set of spare turbos with the engine, They're VHF 18/19's, so I guess they were the original ones that were on the old engine in the car before the previous owner replaced it after a valve ripped off.

The ones on the engine are VHF 13/14's... of course I wanted to use the newer turbos on my engine, so I gave them a proper clean and some paint.

On the primary turbo I had to fix one of the studs, which was harder than I first expected... luckily most of the thread survived, even if the thread on the stud looks pretty bad.

After that it got a proper clean and some paint too...

After the last bits and piece were painted, I threw everything on the engine...

Unfortunately I seem to miss one of the bolts that screws the turbo onto its seat...which really isn't too bad considering that pile of screws I started with, buuut sucks that Subaru asks 7,50Euro for said screw.

Meanwhile I also had a package arriving from Japan with some new hoses in it that you can't order here in Germany. Still waiting for another package from a german dealer, but it's supposed to arrive at the end of the month earliest.

Anyway... once the turbo is properly screwed on and all bolts tightened up, I guess it's time to get the engine bay ready!

Comment

Damn those turbos came out good! That engine is looking so nice I almost don't wanna see it go back in the car.

Comment

great attention to detail, looks great. Excited to see how the rest of the car turns out with the engine built like that

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

This is insanity, good fucking job

'08 335i

Comment

This is amazing!! Can't wait to see this go in!

Comment

Been a little lazy with this lately, still waiting for parts to arrive and I was in Berlin for a week... on the second week of my vacation though when I was back home, I dragged the Legacy out from under the tree where I parked it a year ago.
                                The Scooby was covered in quite a lot of layers of dirt.

Quite a sorry sight and the freshly painted engine sure would've looked pretty misplaced in that engine bay.
                                So I got the high pressure washer, brushes, toothbrush and cleaners out and went right to work.
                                Two days later the GT-B was back in all its glory.

...of course the engine bay took most of the time I needed, but I'm really happy with how it came out, as good as new, even if a few spots need to be painted. It's now asking again to have the engine back in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X