No announcement yet.

W210 E-class air ride questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO a pipe and plate design isn't aesthetically pleasing, welds can break, we use T-6061 Aluminum which is anodized and is not flimsy, the upper bolt threads into the body with a crush nut. Our bags fully compressed are just a little over 4" and 13" fully expanded with air inside them. Don't think thats too shabby, but I could be wrong?
    I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew@openroad View Post
      IMO a pipe and plate design isn't aesthetically pleasing, welds can break, we use T-6061 Aluminum which is anodized and is not flimsy, the upper bolt threads into the body with a crush nut. Our bags fully compressed are just a little over 4" and 13" fully expanded with air inside them. Don't think thats too shabby, but I could be wrong?
      not trying to argue with you.....but there are positives and negatives to both.....imo i really dont care what it looks like its underneath a car that will hopefully be so low to the ground that it would be impossible to see anyway not to mention that it is under the car where its exposed to all kinds of elements so unless the car never sees the ground in the rain or winter the asthetcis dont matter much anyway unless you plan on getting under your car and steam cleaning/ pressure washing the under carriage every summer.

Does machined aluminum look nicer absolutely but it also comes with a much steeper price tag. re5's run about 150 for the set steel cups run about 40 bucks so your looking at 190 for a set vs your sets which I imagine are upwards of the $400 range per set which imo if your running a basic setup that extra 200 is a good portion of your management

I understand that you guys offer a good product but its not always the best product for everyones wants/needs/budget as not everyone can afford to spend 3k on air ride

Comment

We have kits that cover almost all price points in the market place. We don't just sell BagYard rear bags or fronts. We're a pretty diverse company covering a number of price points and vehicle makes.
        I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

MPV - check your PM box. Thanks.

Ben

Comment

Let's bring this topic up! I'm thinking of putting bags on my w124 merc, and the suspension parts are same kind as 210. So I'm interested of seeing pictures of bag mountings on w124, w209, w210 or w202.

Comment

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, so I'm sorry for that.

However has anyone massed produced or have a schematic of the brackets used to secure the bags to a W210?

Comment

Originally posted by Miotke View Post
                I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, so I'm sorry for that.

However has anyone massed produced or have a schematic of the brackets used to secure the bags to a W210?
                I've bagged a W210 before. PM me for more info.

Comment

Working...
                X