Rust Bucket Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nothing big today, but I just went through a whole bottle of windshield fluid trying to adjust my spray nozzles... Should make a difference in the mornings, although it's looking like this wont have to be my daily for too much longer! I'm waiting a bit on the radio install just because I want to have everything in place for stage 2 of my audio to go in easy. I also came up with a use for the hole that's drilled into my center console. I have also ordered a headlamp type thing that straps to the roll bar and a diode so that I can do the flash to pass mod. I'll try to get it all done the same day so that I don't have to have my dash apart for too long, but I might wait until that wouldn't matter since it's all just cosmetic stuff anyway.

I would like to start collecting rust replacement panels and my wheels and tires during January. I would also like to take care of the next stage or two of audio stuff. Nothing crazy, just a 10" sub in the back and new door speakers. I'm keeping it cheap, but I hope it would make a noticeable difference. The stock speakers, if they are stock, really aren't that bad at all, better than my M3, but that isn't saying very much at all.

I might have a coolant leak, a slight one though. The PO said he replaced everything but the radiator itself, so that might be the issue.

I'm excited for the spring time, but I'll have fun this winter at least!

Comment

So I got this LED light. It works okay, but looks a bit dorky. At least I can take it off for shows and stuff.

Comment

Then it over heated... Not sure of the problem, but it's back at the shop. I'm ready to get a new radiator if I need it...

Comment

Rotted clamp and loose hose I couldn't see... Not bad. The worst part is the fact that I need a new air guide thanks to the tow truck...

Comment

UPS came today with a few more essentials and non-essentials. I got a storage tray to replace the OEM cupholders that replaced the ashtray, and I have that side cup holder. The reason for the order was to get a rain cover that just goes over the top. For $42, it will do an excellent job keeping me from having to get a new top until the spring. As a free gift I got a trunk cargo net, a $20 value!

I'm having trouble finding the right screws for my head unit, so I'm waiting on installing everything for a while. Now that I have my jetta back, little things on the miata just aren't as important as they were a week ago. It also means that I can take my time with getting things back together, so I'll at least start on a few things to myself interested over my short winter break.

Comment

Barely an update, but I don't care if no one cares; you're the one that looked in here...

Anyway, I'm going to need to do some modifications to get my head unit to pit the basket perfectly, so that might take some time. I installed a hood lift. I did get the cupholder installed; big deal, I know... and I got a phone/coin tray, I'm still keeping my windshield phone mount for now though. I test fitted the cover i got. I figured i should see how it goes on in the light while it's not raining... I'm going to go see if i can to the quick flash to pass mod, but that wont translate into pictures.

Comment

no go on the flash to pass...

Comment

keep up the good work man. i've been watching this

Comment

Comment

For patch panels or does the Miata group do reverse half cuts?????

Quality build thus far, liking it a lot.

Comment

I'm not sure how to attack this. I initially was looking at it for patch panels, but the guy that sold it to me cut the front half off to repair his spec miata and said that the whole back half could be grafted on fairly easily. I was going to have a kid I know take care of paint and body work, but I don't know if it's beyond him now... He is a confident welder, but I don't think he's done something like this before...

Comment

Damn. Didn't expect to see that.

... If all else fails - turn it into a trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
                              Damn. Didn't expect to see that.

... If all else fails - turn it into a trailer!
                              You do realize that that rear tub is not my car, but for my car, right? the only bit of real rust on it is maybe the only part on the back half of my car that isn't rotted...

Comment

Yeah, I only suggested it because of this v

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                                ...I was going to have a kid I know take care of paint and body work, but I don't know if it's beyond him now... He is a confident welder, but I don't think he's done something like this before...

Comment

Working...
                                X