No announcement yet.

Rust Bucket Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...power steering fluid all over my driveway...

Comment

power steering issues aside, I got a lot taken care of today. I didn't get around to the skid plate because the gar did not have the bolts I needed to mount it. I'll leave it off for now since I'll be bringing it to my local auto shop next week so they can give it a once over and maybe they can figure out my power steering problems.

I did install my new factory cup holder and my iPhone bracket.

I tried to install the grille, but it didn't fit with the plate bracket even after I trimmed a bunch... Now its kinda worthless anyway... $100 down the drain; I should have just made one myself to throw out.

anyway...

TSIs

Mirror!

Door Pulls, it's amazing how much room the stock arm rests took up!

I'll find something to cover the hole in the door panel, I don't need to spend money on new ones just so they look nice.

Comment

Comment

The weather today was amazing! In the 50s! I drove around with the top down for a while, and then drove around some more.

A few more pictures for you

...and the obligatory Miata owner "I can fit under a semi trailer" photo...

Comment

Really enjoying this so far, the first stages of a new car are always the best

Sub'd for more.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

My lip was delivered late today, and I wasn't quite able to install it before the sun went away for the evening. I screwed it up a little bit on the install, but for $50, It will do fine considering I'll be scraping it up and probably ripping it off sometime soon... anyway, here's a picture.

Comment

And I don't know how much of a difference the front lip actually makes, but it does a lot for the aggressiveness of the car.

Comment

Roll Bar Update! Too bad it's raining so hard today...

...and the car feels so much more solid now!

Comment

Builds like this are the best.

Simple, low-buck, don't-really-care-what-it-looks-like, and fun to beat on.

Throwing this thing sideways in the snow will be a riot.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I yellowed my headlights today. I'm still not sure if I like the look on a white car, but it cost me about $12 so it's not a big waste. I'm eventually going to get new headlights anyway... The idea had been in my head for a while, just because I wanted to know if it really made any difference. People say that it cuts through fog and rain better, which makes sense since fog lights tend to be yellow. I couldn't really change normal visibility too much; Le Mans tend to have yellow lights. So far, they work fine, but it's been clear. Anyway, here's a photo.
                      Thoughts?

Comment

Oh, and a bunch of rust fell off today, so that's cool. Hopefully, I can make plans to fix that sooner than later..

Comment

If I get ambitious this weekend, I may get some audio/interior work done...

Comment

great how you tackled the dirty steering wheel

so your car now has less rust then when you bought it
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                              Oh, and a bunch of rust fell off today, so that's cool. Hopefully, I can make plans to fix that sooner than later..
                              In upstate New York, you're a part of what's called the "Permanent Weight Reduction Program".
                              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                              Originally posted by Ollie
                              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                                great how you tackled the dirty steering wheel

so your car now has less rust then when you bought it
                                Thanks, it actually took quite a while to do, gotta love pioneering skills...

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                                In upstate New York, you're a part of what's called the "Permanent Weight Reduction Program".

True, true. There's always an upside...

Comment

Working...
                                X