Put on your red light - Roxanne '06 S197 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put on your red light - Roxanne '06 S197 Mustang

Well, we're off. I'm currently gathering suspension parts but I got wheels and tires and I'm loving this setup so far. Can't wait to get low. Sorry for the cell phone and insta pics, if you care about that.

18X10 Saleen wheels with Nitto NT555's 275/40/18
    Unfortunately the center caps are branded from the manufacturer I got the wheels from (which I don't like) and I need to replace them. They were a plasticky chrome so I sanded them and tinted them black. Good for now. Thinking I may fill them with epoxy, sand, and paint them silver or something. Dunno yet. I may see how it looks without center caps but I need to get a nice set of lugs first. (Any tips on where you guys get GOOD quality lugs would be appreciated)

Wide enough methinks.

I think all I'll need once I'm low will be 5mm spacers to flush up.

Current list of to-gets

Shocks/Struts (edit - just got some KYB GR2's for stupid cheap)
    Adjustable panhard bar
    Ford Racing GT500 Front lower control arms and ball joints
    Steeda bumpsteer kit
    Adjustable camber bolts
    Lower springs (still deciding)
    GT500 Strut mounts

Then more power

Then more lows

My wallet already feels overheated.
    Stanced

For some reason have a soft spot for mustangs. Carry on

Comment

Update

OK so here she is. I don't have a bunch of good pics yet since I had to hustle to find some light for what I got.

GT500 front control arms, GT500 front strut mounts, KYB shocks and struts, SVE lowering springs, Eibach camber bolts, SVE LCA's and an adjustable panhard bar. (Quick tip for you S197 guys, If you don't get an adjustable panhard bar, your rear axle will shift to the right when you lower the car.)

^ I fucking love these LCA's. God, they're just sexy. I'm a bit sad they're tucked under the car, out of sight. ^

Now, as I expected, I immediately considered going lower. Once I got a little I wanted alot. (BAGS) But, I daily this car and the combination of shitty roads and my very early morning (100mph) commute, I'll sacrifice a bit of low for a bit of extra suspension travel.

(UNTIL I GET BAGS)
      Stanced

Comment

whats the difference between GT and GT500 front control arms and GT500 front strut mounts?
        2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
        2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
        1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Originally posted by frink84 View Post
          whats the difference between GT and GT500 front control arms and GT500 front strut mounts?
          Arms are thicker steel with better bushings but still lighter than stock arms. Different ball joints too, but I don't know if they're better or not. I didn't need them but I was already doing the control arms since I had 2 bad control arms bushings.

Strut mounts are stiffer.

I was trying to quiet my front suspension down while also installing stiff springs and going lower. End result was successful. I'm happy with it.
          Stanced

Comment

Still working on plans. Looking at a 4 point roll bar from Maximum Motorsports along with different foglight setup and quick release fasteners for the front bumper.

Long term I'm looking at retrofitting some different seats (Mercedes 190 from early 90's possibly, thanks Sam) and possibly going wider with some fiberglass fender flares. Still haven't considered a wheel setup to go with that other than than the possible heresy of trying to blend a bit of JDM with American muscle style.

Also toying with looking for a parts car to swap out the auto trans to manual and maybe the 5.4L (if I can find a wrecked GT500) to save some cash on parts. I'd love to start slicing and dicing but I don't wanna cut hood vents in and then **** them without having another hood.
            Stanced

Comment

Originally posted by Jfitz View Post
              Arms are thicker steel with better bushings but still lighter than stock arms. Different ball joints too, but I don't know if they're better or not. I didn't need them but I was already doing the control arms since I had 2 bad control arms bushings.

Strut mounts are stiffer.
              good to know, thanks!
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Great start so far!

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

pics not working

very sadness
                  Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Working...
                  X