X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausting air from tank

Tried to search this up but it's probably so simple no one talks about it 😄

Anyways, in the process of draining my tank and need to know the right process to drain the air out of it. I'm running Autopilot v2. Is there a function to exhaust air out of the tank or do I just slowly back out one of the ports to drain the air?

I logged on to ask the EXACT same question.

I have accuair VU4 and want to know how to drain all the air from the system safely so I can remove the leader hoses from the compressors (check valves worn out)

Someone please help us!

Comment

Do neither of you guys have a tank drain or a safety valve? You really ought to.

Comment

I don't have a tank drain but do have the safety valve. I thought that valve only activates at the preset psi. Is there a manual option to release air...like something simple like pulling it?

Comment

Most safety valves have a metal ring on the end of 'em. That's exactly what that ring is for, to dump pressure. Give it a tug and it'll dump most of the pressure in the tank. You'll have to hold it open for the last bit of pressure.

Comment

Thanks for the help on this!

Comment

I installed a safety valve this morning. Holy shit that thing DUMPS air FAST. NEXT time around I will be sure to drain the tank as much as I can through dumping the bags repeatedly so I'm not dumping 150psi all in 1 go! jesus! haha

Thanks for the help on this. I had to install it in the bottom of the tank as the other empty ports were a larger diameter than the standard NPT 1/4" fitting (like what the compressors use)...

Is it ok to have the safety valve on the bottom of the tank?

Comment

Yeah, they're noisy bastards

Shouldn't hurt anything to have it on the bottom of the tank, though if you open it, it's going to spray whatever water is in the tank absolutely everywhere. On the bottom of the tank, it can reasonably double as a less-convenient tank drain, which is kind of nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                  Yeah, they're noisy bastards

Shouldn't hurt anything to have it on the bottom of the tank, though if you open it, it's going to spray whatever water is in the tank absolutely everywhere. On the bottom of the tank, it can reasonably double as a less-convenient tank drain, which is kind of nice.
                  Luckily I had drained the tank of water the other day, and what tiny amount of water that was left, certainly did come out at about 379 miles per hour! talk about vaporizing!

At this point I will drain the tank quite regularly so it should only be a small amount and I'd think using it as a drain as well may just work...at least for now

Thanks again

Comment

Do you have a water trap in your set up? That helps to keep the moisture out of your tank as well, as long as you drain it regularly.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Yeah, tank drains super quick with the safety valve, but i prefer that rather than slowly waiting

Been doing monthly routine tank drains and so far zero water at the end of each month in the tank and in my water trap. The water trap is setup on the tank exit side, before my manifold.

Comment

Working...
                      X