For those who like building and creating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who like building and creating

First off, if this sort of thread is against any forum policies I apologize, and please feel free to notify me or take this thread down.

So I am in the process of creating a line of custom table legs/bases that are perfect for dining tables, desks, conference tables, coffee tables, etc. They are designed to bolt up to any table top, whether it be a nice large slab of wood that you've been saving or a custom top that you designed and crafted yourself.

I'm totally captivated by the feeling I get when I see my ideas and efforts evolve from a concept to a physical, finished product. There's a different sense of pride that comes with building something with your own hands, rather than buying it at a store. These table legs are essentially my way of trying to pass that feeling on, because I don't think people get to experience that enough. You're basically buying an unfinished project that requires your own efforts to complete. Let's build a table together.

At the moment I have 4 styles available, which can be custom built to any dimension to suit your needs. Available in any powder coated color or textured finish or just raw uncoated steel if you want to take care of that.

If you are interested in purchasing, you can visit my store for pricing and custom order inquiries: www.etsy.com/shop/MikeyGaumann

Any support would be hugely appreciated and would totally help me make some much needed progress on my BMW 2002 build (link to thread in my signature) that basically hasn't been touched since I acquired my shop space over a year ago. Dying to finish that thing!

Here are some photos showing the different styles. Any comments are appreciated:

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Incredible work, I really like what you're doing. A very novel idea.

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
    I'm totally captivated by the feeling I get when I see my ideas and efforts evolve from a concept to a physical, finished product. There's a different sense of pride that comes with building something with your own hands, rather than buying it at a store.
    This x100000.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Incredible work, I really like what you're doing. A very novel idea.
      Thanks man much appreciated!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

I may have built a few tables in my day. Whats a round about price your legs are going for?

Comment

Originally posted by sleeps View Post
          I may have built a few tables in my day. Whats a round about price your legs are going for?
          All of my prices are listed on my Etsy shop (link is provided in original post above). Don't know if it's cool to post pricing on here.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Got it, sorry I didnt see the link. Thanks.

Comment

looking good

idea for next project

fashionable legs to put under rear car seats for in a mancave
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

some assembly required...

when did ikea become a stance works sponsor? table legs
                Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                  some assembly required...

when did ikea become a stance works sponsor? table legs
                  I guess I should've figured that you'd post something useless in this thread, like you usually do. Even with this being in the off topic section, where threads like this should go. Sorry for trying to turn my passion into my livelihood?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Damn son this is cool.

Comment

I guess I should've figured that you'd post something useless in this thread, like you usually do. Even with this being in the off topic section, where threads like this should go. Sorry for trying to turn my passion into my livelihood?
                      your passion is half finished parts? selling the DIY feeling? does it have a numbered coloring chart too?
                      Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
                        your passion is half finished parts? selling the DIY feeling? does it have a numbered coloring chart too?
                        You're right, I actually am in the process of creating a color chart so potential customers can have a variety of finishes to choose from. Got to cater to all crowds you know? It's ok for a wheel company to offer 5 different finishes on the same model wheel, but it's a joke if I offer some variety on my products?

Is there something wrong with wanting to motivate other people to build something?

For what it's worth, I'm building two custom tables at the moment for clients that found me through my Etsy store, and I have built several other commissioned custom furniture pieces recently. Finished products that don't require any further effort from the buyer's end. Will that help you sleep better tonight?

Why are you such a bummer? Over the past few years browsing through StanceWorks, you have stuck out to me more than any other member on this forum because of your constant negativity towards literally everything (except wagons). Lighten up a little bit man haha

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

What's with the bashing? The dude is sharing something he's created in the random forum...his craftsmanship is admirable and he's not being a dick, why are you?

Pretty cool concept, i'd like to see it more refined maybe? Do you source glass/ wood tops for people who buy your legs?
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                            What's with the bashing? The dude is sharing something he's created in the random forum...his craftsmanship is admirable and he's not being a dick, why are you?

Pretty cool concept, i'd like to see it more refined maybe? Do you source glass/ wood tops for people who buy your legs?
                            It's funny every time I see your username because I am a Mikey G myself haha.

As for the table legs, it's pretty much up to the customer to figure out the top part themselves. With that said, I do a fair amount of other custom work in which I build my own table tops that usually incorporate steel and wood together. You can see some of my other work here if you're interested: www.Behance.net/MikeyGaumann
                            Last edited by CubbyChowder; 10-20-2014, 12:03 AM.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

You're right, I actually am in the process of creating a color chart so potential customers can have a variety of finishes to choose from. Got to cater to all crowds you know? It's ok for a wheel company to offer 5 different finishes on the same model wheel, but it's a joke if I offer some variety on my products?

Is there something wrong with wanting to motivate other people to build something?

For what it's worth, I'm building two custom tables at the moment for clients that found me through my Etsy store, and I have built several other commissioned custom furniture pieces recently. Finished products that don't require any further effort from the buyer's end. Will that help you sleep better tonight?

Why are you such a bummer? Over the past few years browsing through StanceWorks, you have stuck out to me more than any other member on this forum because of your constant negativity towards literally everything (except wagons). Lighten up a little bit man haha
                              it's just a suggestion, but points that downgrade your image sort of in your business plan that stand out to me...

- offering the parts as the main thing for sale.
                              a finished piece with with a variety of choices and a note that the legs can be ordered separately to me at least, would seem less like convincing someone to do finish something you don't like to do.

- buy my stuff so I can finish my car
                              regardless of how passionate your are about this, throwing that in glazes over everything wether you mean it or not

i don't say a lot of "nice" things because I, at least, enjoy getting suggestions more than compliments... even if i don't use them.

Sincerely,

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X