Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 96 Saturn SW2

Default 96 Saturn SW2

Im workin on a 96 SW2. Got it dropped and stanced a bit next is gonna be over fenders of some kind I just need to do some work to get that done and order spacers for the rear. Just trying to get some second opinnions on it or advice on what to do next. This is how it sat the day I through the wheels on, dropped the front another half inch later that day... Thought the back looked good though. I was forced to put 1/4in spacers on the front in order to make the wheels clear the brakes but this should be fine once i get the over fenders, Ill actually be going wider.

Wheels are Diamond Racing 16x8 +12mm offset with .25in spacers in the front.
    I have ground control adjustable sleeves with OEM struts currently.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xavierb; 11-13-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Ooh! I like this! Would look nice with the flares on it and a bit more low. I'd polish the headlights up though! Easy to do and makes a huge difference.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

All these damn saturn guys are making me want to buy one to make a show car. Looks great though!

yup headlights are gonna get polished real soon. (possibly today) I had midterms last week so I didnt have much time to do anything. This week should have the front bumper finished with a lip, headlights polished and possibly over fenders and spacers for the rear

Few more shots of the whip...and how do I get pictures to show up big in the text??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Upload the pic to this side, then copy the adress in you browser then
    click the second last image in the quick replay inset the link done.
    Or upload a picture hosting side like flikr or photobucket copy the
    img code and just post it here.

thanks a lot man

This week should have the front bumper finished with a lip, headlights polished and possibly over fenders and spacers for the rear

fyi

Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by LCG View Post
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Yesss! Loving this.

My Buddy Leo Fernandez's SC2

My Buddy Darius Crooks's SL2s

Minnesota has some pretty cool Sattys.
    "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

I like those SL2s a lot. theyre clean.

Low n' Slow
    Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
    1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Default Legit pics

Started a flickr account so i can post good pics....so here are a few Ive taken up to where the car is now. Its about 1/2in lower in the back than it is in most these pics. I should be ordering my over fenders in a week when i get paid. Should be goin about an inch wider in the back and another quarter inch in the front. gonna drop it some more when I get those too. Biggest issue is raising funds... Oh, and i started polishing the driver side headlight, my drills battery died and i discovered I left my charger at my friends shop an hour away...so now i have one unpolished and one half polished light while the car is sitting waiting for a clutch master cylinder.

Last edited by xavierb; 10-21-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Low n' Slow

Welp, heres how shes sittin in my apartment parking lot and where she'll stwy for tje rest of the week at least. Gotta get a clutch master/slave cylinder. Fixie is my only transportation until then. I guess i can take some time to get the front lip mounted and mayne go to pick n pull to get a wiper delete plug since i pulled the blade off and im gonna take the motor out tonight. Im also gonna take some stuff out the engine bay and trunk (mostly all wiper and sprayer components). Im also gonna finish my driver door, it is off another car since i fucked up the original door. The driver door is off of a base model so has black instead of color match handles. It also doesnt have the electric locks on the inside so im gonna wire those to my old door handle which i still have along with switchin out the stock speaker with my pioneer 6 1/2. Best part though is that I now have a rollie on my driver door which i absolutely love. Im thinking at some point i might switch them all to rollies since the electric windows in these cars always seem to break (i currently have only front windows tjwt go down). well anyways heres some pics ill update as I do some work.

(btw these pictures are pretty heavily edited because my tablet camera isnt great and the lighting was garbage where I was parked)

Low n' Slow

raining and shitty outside so not working much.. but i ordered clear corner markers, clear euro headlights and the clutch parts...should have evrything in next weekend

Low n' Slow

this is awesome ! Love seeing someone think outside the box , keep up the good work !
    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
    My E28 Build

Interested to see how those headlights look, i've been debating ordering them for a couple years now haha
    99' Saturn SL2 DD slow build
    IG: bsweitzer99

Quote Originally Posted by 12vsex View Post
    this is awesome ! Love seeing someone think outside the box , keep up the good work !
    thanks man...so much more to come

Quote Originally Posted by bsweitzer99 View Post
    Interested to see how those headlights look, i've been debating ordering them for a couple years now haha
    yeah i liked how they looked in the websites picture maybe youll be able to decide when you see em in a car hahahaha, What i want to find now is the Japanese taillights, ive read theyre different and have amber turn signals. either that, or im tinting them completely read fuck that orange shit.

Low n' Slow

bsweitzer99 and I keepin saturn on the stancework map. Love seeing two active saturn builds on the first page

Low n' Slow

Haha yeah do all red tails that's what I did.

Yeah Im gonna go with the all red It looks good.

UPDATE: Patiently waiting for my over fenders, lights and clutch parts....Already have another cart full on ebay with parts to order for the next pay check, struts, header, exhaust should be next and Ive started cleaning up the interior trying to decide what to do.

Low n' Slow

What struts? Save and get coilovers

I was thinking some monroe air struts i found for cheap ($122 for 4) so probably those until i save enough for coils, coils will happen this summer when im working full time and bringing in more money. Originally I was thinking some adjustables for a WRX but for that price I could have coils. I just need sometjing better than OEM so that I can carry people and tools at work wothout bottoming out on the dirt roads I have to drive on....

I know its not ideal, but itll have to do temporarily

Low n' Slow

Save your money and buy wrx coils. Only like $500