No announcement yet.

How do you guys deal with camberwear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip 'em. I've always ran negative camber & as long as I keep an alignment from someone who knows what there doing, I can get a good 5,6 thousand miles out of them. But I drive to work & home mostly.

Comment

toe is the key..camber plays very little in tire wear.

Comment

i just read this and why doesn't NITTO make NEOGENs in 225/35 19?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! anyone have any feedback on these tires??? do they help with the wear on negative camber???

Comment

what everyone said on toe is correct. I was at -5 and i wanted 0 toe. They say with my camber my toe was maxed out even with my camber kit

Comment

a f*ked toe setting on my tires lasted about 6k miles, insides of the tires are SLICKKK

Comment

i just buy cheap tires cause i stretch them, and run a lot of camber anyways lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveAxis_tC View Post
                i just read this and why doesn't NITTO make NEOGENs in 225/35 19?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! anyone have any feedback on these tires??? do they help with the wear on negative camber???
                i ran 215/40 on a 9" wheel and they didn't last long. i thought they were pretty soft tires, not to mention they were rough and loud.

Comment

^^ everyone explained it all.
                  find a friend who sells tires.
                  CAMBER ISN'T what kills your tires. its TOE ANGLE.
                  at -3 camber in rear and -1 front.i got 15k out of my yokos with low and slow driving i'd say thats prettty good haha. I've haerd of people flipping there tires but not sure if this is safe and how much would that cost?

Comment

Originally posted by apple_ok View Post
                    i ran 215/40 on a 9" wheel and they didn't last long. i thought they were pretty soft tires, not to mention they were rough and loud.
                    I'm running them now and they are 235/30/20 245/30/20 and they r definitively not loud esp considering they r 20s....and im on 15K but only 3-4 camber....they definitively r wearing unevenly but I should get another 5k if not more on them

Comment

Originally posted by apple_ok View Post
                      I'm running them now and they are 235/30/20 245/30/20 and they r definitively not loud esp considering they r 20s....and im on 15K but only 3-4 camber....they definitively r wearing unevenly but I should get another 5k if not more on them

Comment

i flip tires, essentially doubles the life.

Those neogens look like crap, not worth the extra cost IMO.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                          i flip tires, essentially doubles the life.

Those neogens look like crap, not worth the extra cost IMO.
                          maybe ....... but I had Falkens 452 before and got side wall bubbles on 3 out of 4. even with making sure I had at least 39-41 psi.....with neogens 15k and not a single problem aside from nails

Comment

good tires for those worrying about camber/toe wear are Bridgestone Potenzas. they are made with a harder compound on the inside and a softer compound on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                            X