• Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it man ! keep it up
    Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
    My E28 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. View Post
      NIce! I've always had a soft spot for early models...Question: How is your suspension setup holding up? Meaning, are the rear sport shocks strong enough to withstand how low you are? How's the handling?

Don't mean to sound annoying, I'm looking to run this exact setup in my E30 and would like some feedback. Thanks.
      You're all good, and it rides amazing, super stiff and i love it. there is not much travel in the rear and sometimes the struts bottom out if you hit a big bump or railroad tracks, but other than that its awesome.

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
      hey this is nice.

also what paint did you use to paint your block?
      Thanks man, i'm pretty sure it was just high heat engine duplicolor paint.

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
      love it man ! keep it up
      thanks dude, will do

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

[QUOTE=eethirty;1385637]You're all good, and it rides amazing, super stiff and i love it. there is not much travel in the rear and sometimes the struts bottom out if you hit a big bump or railroad tracks, but other than that its awesome.

Sweet, thanks. I'm looking to go about a few hairs higher than your current height, but you said the front struts tend to bottom out? Or the rears? Would stiffer spring rates remedy that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. View Post
          Sweet, thanks. I'm looking to go about a few hairs higher than your current height, but you said the front struts tend to bottom out? Or the rears? Would stiffer spring rates remedy that problem?
          the rears tend to, no problems with the fronts. I think the best solution would to just find a shorter strut all together. When my car is on the ground there is only about an inch or two of travel on the strut.

Oh and this is happening. Going to pick up this weekend hopefully. Not even sure if i will run them but i have a chance to get a super good deal and i'd love to have them.

photo FullSizeRender.jpg

e30 build thread

Comment

^^^
            Oh hell yes. Any plans for bigger lips or anything ?
            Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
            My E28 Build

Comment

Those wheels look awesome! Definitely think you should run them. Maybe get them powder coated a color.

Comment

Oh hey ian nice wheels, i think i saw someone else with them...

Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                  ^^^
                  Oh hell yes. Any plans for bigger lips or anything ?
                  probably not, not sure

Originally posted by walkbyfaith View Post
                  Those wheels look awesome! Definitely think you should run them. Maybe get them powder coated a color.
                  hell yea i do powder coating myself so i will powder coat them if i run them or not so i can re sell them.

Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                  Oh hey ian nice wheels, i think i saw someone else with them...

http://stancewords.stanceworks.netdn...=48705&page=13
                  Haha our cars will literally be twins if i run them, that picture of you testing them makes me want them hahaha. we'll see.

e30 build thread

Comment

sooo this happened. unfortunately im putting the car away soon for the winter, so no progress but i will collect parks and keep you updated

Untitled

e30 build thread

Comment

Putting cars away for winter sucks... better away than on snowy NY roads though haha. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing everything together.
                      My Build:

Comment

Man I am really looking forward to this coming summer. Always see some sweet rides come together. Winters are good for collecting parts though.

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                          Putting cars away for winter sucks... better away than on snowy NY roads though haha. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing everything together.
                          i know man, it sucks, if it wasn't for the salt i wouldn't care. hell yea will do

Originally posted by walkbyfaith View Post
                          Man I am really looking forward to this coming summer. Always see some sweet rides come together. Winters are good for collecting parts though.
                          i know i cant wait! its going to be a longggg winter hahaha

e30 build thread

Comment

Finally have somewhat of an update!

Got my adapters in the mail today from 42 draft designs (which are AMAZING quality btw, I highly recommend them.) I decided on running these wheels after all. I went with a 20mm adapter all the way around to give me an effective offset of +5. I have been just collecting parts while this Syracuse winter drags on.

Wheels will be powder coated and finished soon, Hardware will be refinished, and custom center caps are ordered

So right before I went to put my car away for winter, we got some snow, so I obviously felt obligated to go drifting since i had summer tires and rwd. Wellllllll here's the disadvantage of not having ABS- You can't stop. Long story short I ended up sliding into a curb, destroying my valance and cracking my oil pan. (I will never hear the end of this from my buddies) Luckily I have a extra oil pan I'm going to powdercoat soon to replace it.

So this is how the car sits now, with a temporarily jb-welded oil pan.

IMG_0996 by e30ian, on Flickr

better yet, I scored a mint new front valance of my buddy Greg (K-Line) for a great price:

IMG_20150126_151806 by Greg-Kline, on Flickr

Got some Subframe, RTABS, Differential and shifter bushings from Condor Speed Shop to tighten everything up:

IMG_1093 by e30ian, on Flickr

And the new adapters

IMG_9988 by e30ian, on Flickr

IMG_9989 by e30ian, on Flickr

IMG_9990 by e30ian, on Flickr

IMG_9993 by e30ian, on Flickr

Until next time

e30 build thread

Comment

Duuuuuuude nice. I wanna see this next time I'm upstate haha. Can't wait for winter to be over already
                              My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                                Duuuuuuude nice. I wanna see this next time I'm upstate haha. Can't wait for winter to be over already
                                we can arrange that! I know dude I'm itching so bad. I'm a snowboarder too but I just wanna drive my car.

e30 build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X