X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just moved to Germany

Hi SW Germany!

I moved to Germany (NRW) a while ago, but don't really speak German.
    This makes life interesting at times

After having dealt with German insurance/KfZ bureaucracies I have another question.

Last week I bought a VW Passat estate in Aachen (Jacobs gruppe) but have a question about lowering. Can I just install a "TuV" approved coilover kit for example H&R monotube?

Or do I need to have special paperwork for the lowering kit as in other countries?

And are there other SW members in the NRW area?

Kind regards,

Duncan

Hey there,

If you buy a TÜV certified coilover kit, it will come with the necessary papers (called a "Teilegutachten"). You'll have to present your car at the TÜV with the parts installed and show the Teilegutachten and have it approved.

Where are you located? I'm in NRW as well, 50181 Bedburg to be exact, straight in the middle of Aachen, Düsseldorf and Cologne.

There's a few other members from NRW as well, but the german section is not that active.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Hello from 57072 Siegen - Nrw :p

Comment

Thanks for the response guys!

Tomorrow morning 8 am I am going to the "KFZ-Zulassung" to face the German DMV and getting my new VW registered.

I have the green paperwork and already have called my insurance who gave me a code (well, the VW dealership called my insurance and arranged it haha)

Last time it took me about a full working day getting my plates + current car registered at KFZ-Zulassung. Hopefully this time faster

I am located in Goch, Kleve for the moment.

Not sure how much longer though, hopefully new job soon and not speaking the language properly is getting tiresome

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X