The Lumberjack Sled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lumberjack Sled

This is a thread for my daily since I am actually making progress on it a bit and it will make me feel better about slacking on my BMW. Also most of this thread will probably be mobile-phone pictures. But like good ones..maybe. Phones have such good cameras in them these days it makes phone-pictures okay right? Good.

So rewind back to about October of last year; I am daily driving my E24 as I have been all summer and really need a winter beater because

And since I live North of the Wall in Canada winter is pretty serious beezewax. So I bought this nearly-pink-but-not-quite thing for 900 of my hard earned monies.

It's a '91 Mercedes 190e with 2.6 litres of fury. It had just over 320,000kms (roughly a whole fuck-tonne for you Americanites who use the devils measurement systems) and had dents, scratches and I think one light on the whole car that didn't have a crack in the housing. But mechanically it seemed okay.

I knew this cos the engine ran when I turned the key, the steering wheel seemed attached to the front wheels, and it moved forwards and sometimes backwards. (But not always)

Perfect then for driving through Hoth and dodging White Walkers and dogsled teams while not really caring about the bodywork and stuff

Yeah that wiper never goes all the way down. It's dumb.

I threw some winter tires on it and christened it The Lumberjack Sled. Cos I like plaid and that sounds fucking awesome.

I drove it around, did some snowboard trips, made some drift, robbed a bank, drove it some more, got backed into.

Oh yeah what? Yeah some bitch with less vision range than Ray fucking Charles backed into my car while I was stopped. I was very pleased with the new look (no I wasn't)

Bought some new wheels to cheer me up.

They're ACT/Ronal LS's in 16x8.5 and 16x9.5 with glorious offsets.

A friend found them on the local JDMfanboyDickhardSkylineS13Marketplace forum put up by some delusional soul who thought that he could sell Mercedes wheels on a JDM website. Which I guess he sort of did so shut up.

I test fitted them with the worn-to-shit massive balloon tires they came with.

They poked just the right amount to make me poke the right amount.

So I got some new tires in the hipsterdumbstetch sizes that I wanted and made some shit happen.

For having not touched the suspension it actually sat better than I thought it was going to. The reason for this is the car had more miles on it than your slutty cousin so the suspension was saggy and worn out just like her

I didn't fully realise how badly it was worn out until I fitted the new wheels and found the rear arches hitting the tires on nearly every bump even though I still had wheelgap. Need more stiffness

So I haven't really addressed that particular problem yet (it's next on the list, I save the most important and bad things for last because I'm dumb) but in the meantime I have done the following

VW Mk3 lip so I can pretend to be low while still having wheel-gap and entirely mediocre fitment. Also tape on the headlight because this is a racecar and I go to so many trackdays and I don't want glass on the track even though that would be pretty James Bond-like.

Roofrack and a fairing for my bikes, snowboard, and the air that I haul up there most of the time.

Re-trimmed the rear parcel shelf to make it more lumberjacky, did third-brake-light delete and made a very friendly sticker.

And most recently did the coveted broken ball-joint and fender-fuckage mod!

That's fixed now but I don't have any pictures. It looks the same.

And that brings us to today where I decided to make a thread about it. I will update this as more stuff happens. Hopefully the 6er thread will get an update on it sometime soon as well. Maybe.
    Last edited by VanDamage; 08-18-2014, 03:27 AM.
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project
    Mercedes 190e Build Thread
    Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

You write funny.

I like it.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Interesting headlights. Never seen anything like those ones before.

Comment

More story. Less pictures.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

This is so fucking cool. Please give us moar

Comment

kek at you story

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
              You write funny.

I like it.
              Good.

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
              Interesting headlights. Never seen anything like those ones before.
              They're the North American spec headlights that came on the later 190e's here in Canada. I H.A.T.E them so much.

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
              More story. Less pictures.
              No.

Originally posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
              This is so fucking cool. Please give us moar
              When more is done more shall be shared, until then sit in the corner and be patient.

Originally posted by gianni_blanco View Post
              kek at you story

Thanks for the love guys! I just got a decent paycheque so I might find a solution for my terrible rear suspension. Or I might spend it all on lunch at my work and maybe pay my phone bill. We'll see, don't hold your breath.
              Last edited by VanDamage; 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM.
              BMW E34 V8 - Daily
              Merc 190E - Sold
              BMW 635CSi - Project
              Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

Would like to see where this 190e ends. Never seen one like this before. but i like!

Comment

In your fender rolling picture, is that the Cressida that is regularly out at drift practices at Castrol?

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

10/10

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Im digging the lumberjack theme, I think it needs a wood roof rack now to really sell the character...

Comment

Makes me want to get a winter beater now.. Hmmmm interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pi-Eater View Post
                          Would like to see where this 190e ends. Never seen one like this before. but i like!
                          It will never end

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                          In your fender rolling picture, is that the Cressida that is regularly out at drift practices at Castrol?
                          It is, me and Colton are like best frands

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                          10/10

Originally posted by Tortellini View Post
                          Im digging the lumberjack theme, I think it needs a wood roof rack now to really sell the character...
                          Guess what I just recently did...

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
                          Makes me want to get a winter beater now.. Hmmmm interesting.
                          Winter beaters are good fun
                          BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                          Merc 190E - Sold
                          BMW 635CSi - Project

Comment

Not done too much to the car lately, just smaller thaaaangs.

I parked in some pretty places

I hauled some junk to the racetrack for my drifter frands

I met a local dude who put G-Wagen springs in a 190D and made a Baja W201

And I made a wooden roof rack top thing for maximum hipster points

And I got a new headlight.

Will probably be switching to the stock wheels and winter tires again pretty soon. Which is sad for coolness but awesome for winter slidey hooliganism!
                            BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                            Merc 190E - Sold
                            BMW 635CSi - Project

Comment

Cool Merc. Get to work on the shark.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
                              X