Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lumberjack Sled

Talking The Lumberjack Sled

This is a thread for my daily since I am actually making progress on it a bit and it will make me feel better about slacking on my BMW. Also most of this thread will probably be mobile-phone pictures. But like good ones..maybe. Phones have such good cameras in them these days it makes phone-pictures okay right? Good.

So rewind back to about October of last year; I am daily driving my E24 as I have been all summer and really need a winter beater because

And since I live North of the Wall in Canada winter is pretty serious beezewax. So I bought this nearly-pink-but-not-quite thing for 900 of my hard earned monies.

It's a '91 Mercedes 190e with 2.6 litres of fury. It had just over 320,000kms (roughly a whole fuck-tonne for you Americanites who use the devils measurement systems) and had dents, scratches and I think one light on the whole car that didn't have a crack in the housing. But mechanically it seemed okay.

I knew this cos the engine ran when I turned the key, the steering wheel seemed attached to the front wheels, and it moved forwards and sometimes backwards. (But not always)

Perfect then for driving through Hoth and dodging White Walkers and dogsled teams while not really caring about the bodywork and stuff

Yeah that wiper never goes all the way down. It's dumb.

I threw some winter tires on it and christened it The Lumberjack Sled. Cos I like plaid and that sounds fucking awesome.

I drove it around, did some snowboard trips, made some drift, robbed a bank, drove it some more, got backed into.

Oh yeah what? Yeah some bitch with less vision range than Ray fucking Charles backed into my car while I was stopped. I was very pleased with the new look (no I wasn't)

Bought some new wheels to cheer me up.

They're ACT/Ronal LS's in 16x8.5 and 16x9.5 with glorious offsets.

A friend found them on the local JDMfanboyDickhardSkylineS13Marketplace forum put up by some delusional soul who thought that he could sell Mercedes wheels on a JDM website. Which I guess he sort of did so shut up.

I test fitted them with the worn-to-shit massive balloon tires they came with.

They poked just the right amount to make me poke the right amount.

So I got some new tires in the hipsterdumbstetch sizes that I wanted and made some shit happen.

For having not touched the suspension it actually sat better than I thought it was going to. The reason for this is the car had more miles on it than your slutty cousin so the suspension was saggy and worn out just like her

I didn't fully realise how badly it was worn out until I fitted the new wheels and found the rear arches hitting the tires on nearly every bump even though I still had wheelgap. Need more stiffness

So I haven't really addressed that particular problem yet (it's next on the list, I save the most important and bad things for last because I'm dumb) but in the meantime I have done the following

VW Mk3 lip so I can pretend to be low while still having wheel-gap and entirely mediocre fitment. Also tape on the headlight because this is a racecar and I go to so many trackdays and I don't want glass on the track even though that would be pretty James Bond-like.

Roofrack and a fairing for my bikes, snowboard, and the air that I haul up there most of the time.

Re-trimmed the rear parcel shelf to make it more lumberjacky, did third-brake-light delete and made a very friendly sticker.

And most recently did the coveted broken ball-joint and fender-fuckage mod!

That's fixed now but I don't have any pictures. It looks the same.

And that brings us to today where I decided to make a thread about it. I will update this as more stuff happens. Hopefully the 6er thread will get an update on it sometime soon as well. Maybe.
    Last edited by VanDamage; 08-18-2014 at 03:27 AM.
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project
    Mercedes 190e Build Thread
    Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

You write funny.

I like it.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by LCG View Post
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Interesting headlights. Never seen anything like those ones before.

More story. Less pictures.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

This is so fucking cool. Please give us moar

kek at you story

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by loekaaz View Post
    You write funny.

I like it.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Interesting headlights. Never seen anything like those ones before.
    They're the North American spec headlights that came on the later 190e's here in Canada. I H.A.T.E them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpdoc View Post
    More story. Less pictures.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
    This is so fucking cool. Please give us moar
    When more is done more shall be shared, until then sit in the corner and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by gianni_blanco View Post
    kek at you story

Thanks for the love guys! I just got a decent paycheque so I might find a solution for my terrible rear suspension. Or I might spend it all on lunch at my work and maybe pay my phone bill. We'll see, don't hold your breath.
    Last edited by VanDamage; 08-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project
    Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Would like to see where this 190e ends. Never seen one like this before. but i like!

In your fender rolling picture, is that the Cressida that is regularly out at drift practices at Castrol?

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Im digging the lumberjack theme, I think it needs a wood roof rack now to really sell the character...

Makes me want to get a winter beater now.. Hmmmm interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi-Eater View Post
    Would like to see where this 190e ends. Never seen one like this before. but i like!
    It will never end

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
    In your fender rolling picture, is that the Cressida that is regularly out at drift practices at Castrol?
    It is, me and Colton are like best frands

Quote Originally Posted by FunfGang View Post
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tortellini View Post
    Im digging the lumberjack theme, I think it needs a wood roof rack now to really sell the character...
    Guess what I just recently did...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubens View Post
    Makes me want to get a winter beater now.. Hmmmm interesting.
    Winter beaters are good fun
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project

Not done too much to the car lately, just smaller thaaaangs.

I parked in some pretty places

I hauled some junk to the racetrack for my drifter frands

I met a local dude who put G-Wagen springs in a 190D and made a Baja W201

And I made a wooden roof rack top thing for maximum hipster points

And I got a new headlight.

Will probably be switching to the stock wheels and winter tires again pretty soon. Which is sad for coolness but awesome for winter slidey hooliganism!
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project

Cool Merc. Get to work on the shark.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2018 MV Agusta F3, 2003 e46 wagon

GET READY FOR AN ACTION PACKED UPDATE WITH ACTUAL PROGRESS!

Kind of.

Anyways I've been super hecka busy recently but I'm recently unemployed so that gives me time to update this junk.

Okay so this winter some stuff happened, put the stock wheels with winters back on (no picture needed, looks like a stock 190e) and drove the piss out of it drifting everywhere and bouncing off snowbanks.

SUPER NOT RAD DRIFT DAMAGE WALLL TAP BROOOO

Then I replaced my water pump on the M103, which was a really fun job. (it was not a fun job)

Drifted around with my friends and did doughnuts and shit.

Hauled a toolbox for my friend from Home Depot cos neither of us own a truck. Everyone thought we were dumb.

The tailights on this car had been fucked ever since I got it.

So I got a minty set from a thrashed 190D in a Pick & Pull and painted them all red. Turned out goood.

YES I KNOW THESE PICTURES ARE FUCKING QUALITY

Got clears

Replaced the shitty blown rear shocks with Ford Ranger front shocks. Like you do..

And cut a coil off the rear springs as well because 4in drop is not enough!

Got a boss from Ebay and put in the Nardi from my E24

For whatever reason the horn button has never fit with whatever adapter I have with this fucking wheel. So if I ever get angry at fools in traffic I have to connect those two little fucking wires together in a fit of rage. By that time whoever I'm angry at has already barrel-rolled into the nearest building so I never get the chance to honk at them. It;s stressful man.

So I also had one of my friends who runs a local rally club here invite me out one sunday to go ice racing.

It was just a lapping day, so no actual racing, but holy shitballs was it a good time!

GRATUITOUS DRIFTING PICTURES

That's all for now you dirty little shits. I have lots more (stance related) progress to post But I kind of want to get some decent pictures before I post more. That's how much I love you all.

I'll post soon!

(ALSO SUBTLE HINT HERE BUT IF YOU FOLOWED ME ON INSTAGRUMP YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT'S COMING NEXT)

BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project

Tim hortons is ass but your car is butt secs so its okay

Quote Originally Posted by TheBig_Wood69 View Post
    Tim hortons is ass but your car is butt secs so its okay
    I'm sorry sir but no matter how hard you try you will never be able to be a Canadian with that attitude.
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project

Nice ride fellow Canadian! Keep that shiz sideways

Renato
    Team TWM Performance

10/10 would read again
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Quality phone pick-chars I hope.

Is it bad I like the stories better than the pics? Brb going to get a crappy 190e to beat the piss out of

Silk Blue MK6 Jetta build
    Instagram: @justmarshallgiles

Sir i am a Merican and i plan to stay that way, although i do like to visit your country for its powdery snow and maple syrup.

Subbed because no fucks given. Also followed on the gram

I like this.
    IG: ashtonlafleur