My wheel flip nightmare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wheel flip nightmare.

On July 8th I called wheelflip to order 4 lips for my ssrs. I talked to alex zhao (the owner) he said yes we have 4 in stock. He originally said go ahead and said send xxx.xx to the wheelflip paypal via gift. Luckily I gladly paid the paypal fee. He said thanks I will be shipping them out tomorrow.
    A week goes by and I tried calling a few times. No answer and voicemail full. I sent multiple emails no response. I call again in the second week and get an answer from a female not sure of her name. She's says alex is not in he will have to call you back. I get no call back. Same thing the next day. I call again and finally get ahold of alex. He says oh crap those are sittin In the back I didn't know those were supposed to be shipped out. Yea OK. But anyways I needed to add a valvestem for a work wheel. He said ok paypal me the money. I did.
    I wait the next day for a tracking number. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Call back and they say the same thin about the box sitting in the back. Now I'm like well this is going to go over well. He says he will ship them out that day. Didn't get a tracking number that day nor the next. I call back again. He says oh they were shipped to the wrong address. As soon as we get them back we will ship them to you. WTF.
    I call again a few days later. He says he shipped them out and he'd send me a tracking number. I wait and wait. Then BAM! I get a tracking number. At this point I just want to get them and forget about it all. I check the number and it says label created. And it says that for the next few days. (Meaning he didn't actually ship them). Then finally it says FedEx has them. Today I received the package. Get home all excited. Open the box and come to find not 4 lips. But 3 lips. THREE LIPS. And no valve stem. At the moment I'm fuming contemplating melting the lips into a canon ball and driving to California.

On that notes does anyone have alex zhao's phone number.
    sigpic

I have horrible experience with them too. I sent them an SSR GT3 to be fixed (replace bent lip) It took too long for them to finish it. Then when I receive it back, I have a steering vibration from 45-60mph. Try to have Discount Tires re-balance that wheel with tire on. It does NOT spin straight on their balancing machine. I contacted Alex and sent the wheel back to them to fix. They received the wheel, no answer for a week. I kept calling and emailing. Finally, Alex replied blaming that the mating surface had been machined to modify the offset. I knew this is not true because: 1. The set was bought new for a Z32 and I put them on a Z32. I don't see the need to mess with offset. 2. The wheel spin not straight on balancing machine. The mounting surface has nothing to do with that.
    WheelFlip said there's nothing they can do to fix that. Noted: the barrel and lip they use for replacement is not the same size as original. If the offset need to be adjust, they are the one who did it.
    Very disappointed and will NEVER doing business with them again.

Comment

Shit like this is why we need to have a vendor review section.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
        Couldn't agree more.
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

I called probably 15 times today with no answer. So I called and filed a claim with paypal. Freezing the money I sent him. Needless to say I got a call from alex just now. He said "he shipped the lip out" just now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
            If I could ask for any two things on this site it would be for a vendor review section and for the regional subforums not to be buried a layer deep so they'd actually get some use.

OP, hope this works out for you. Reviews of Wheelflip lately have been really mixed, with a not small number of people having similar issues.

Comment

Took me 3 weeks and 3 phone calls to get 4 valve stems from them that I ordered off their site
              @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Sounds extremely similar to an experience I had with Concept-wheels.be....absolutely useless!

Comment

yea wheel flip horrible..try contacting vr wheels in cali they are good

Comment

Try emailing Paul at EWheelWorks next time for any wheel needs. info@ewheelworks.com
                    Instagram: @mattragsdale
                    '97 M3 build

Comment

I agree that we need a vendor review section.
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

And this is exactly why I always buy one-piece cast wheels.

....oh wait, no, it's because i'm a broke-ass........lol.

But on a serious note that blows. I hope you get everything sorted out and the line about melting the lips down into a cannonball make me laugh out loud.
                        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

that's sad to hear. customer service is just really lacking these days man..

Comment

I ended up getting the fourth lip after filing a paypal claim. however he didnt send the work valvestem that I ordered. just giving up on that. just glad that this is finally over with.
                            Last edited by jking; 08-28-2014, 11:59 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

hahaha yeah man I follow you on instagram I remember seeing the pics about this ordeal. I laughed, but honestly that's just pitiful. Sorry that you had to deal with that. I **** all the little unexpected stress that comes about with modding cars and the negligence of others. I'm glad however I'm not the only one who goes through stupid bulls***...lol.
                              sigpic
                              Instagram: @_the_jare_bear

Comment

Working...
                              X