Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that your red Beat parked by the Mini today at Sunday School?

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Awesome pickup man. Rennstall has a pretty good Yahoo Japan search they'll do for you, and they have an importer as well. I was gonna post a bunch of random awesome Honda Beats but I see you already have some good inspiration.
      Originally posted by electricalbox
      12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Aww man I was in Calgary this weekend for the Illmotion show and I saw it in person! Also saw it at the Barlow meet (we were in the maroon coloured Cressida with the roll-cage) but I had no idea it was yours!

That silver Beat at the show was amazeballs also.
        Last edited by VanDamage; 08-18-2014, 11:11 AM.
        BMW E34 V8 - Daily
        Merc 190E - Sold
        BMW 635CSi - Project
        Mercedes 190e Build Thread
        Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

update!!

Comment

You just made my list of favorite people. Fell in right between Ellen DeGeneres and the guy who invented the toilet.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Make it something like this but with better wheels and hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by TheArkitekt View Post
                can't wait for these to turn 25 so they can be brought into the USA!
                Believe there may a few in the states already, some have found loop holes while others I believe are museum owned? Either way, I can't wait to see more of them here
                Originally posted by Zic View Post
                Awesome little car you got there man. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
                Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Dying to see what you do to this!
                Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                i love these...they´re so crazy small !
                Originally posted by pDubs View Post
                This thing is hilarious.
                Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
                Awesome pickup man. Rennstall has a pretty good Yahoo Japan search they'll do for you, and they have an importer as well. I was gonna post a bunch of random awesome Honda Beats but I see you already have some good inspiration.
                Thanks guys! Ok, will check out renstall as well, thanks for the suggestion.
                Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                Was that your red Beat parked by the Mini today at Sunday School?
                Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
                Aww man I was in Calgary this weekend for the Illmotion show and I saw it in person! Also saw it at the Barlow meet (we were in the maroon coloured Cressida with the roll-cage) but I had no idea it was yours!

That silver Beat at the show was amazeballs also.
                Yep that was me! I didn't end up getting registered in time but luckily was given a spot from first gear auto and he wanted me to bring the beat. The silver one at the show was sweet! Gave me some ideas, I'd prefer to be a little wider though. Make the car into a mini rocket bunny
                Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                You just made my list of favorite people. Fell in right between Ellen DeGeneres and the guy who invented the toilet.

Thanks man!
                Originally posted by Fairlady View Post
                Make it something like this but with better wheels and hardtop
                Would love to get a hardtop for it, but sooo expensive, and then you gotta ship it. Meh I'll see what happens.
                1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Ya, that silver one needed over fenders for those wheels in the back. Awesome that you were able to get a spot in the show last minute though.

Comment

Bump

Hurry up mane. I'm dying over here.

did you get that shirt?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                      Bump

Hurry up mane. I'm dying over here.

did you get that shirt?
                      Don't worry, its still going, just at a slow pace might have a buddy make me a shirt instead

Picked up a few parts from a local guy

Immediately threw the coilovers on the car and headed out to find a semi truck. It's actually capable of clearing a regular trailer while its still attatched to the truck.

and heres the only side profile shot I got, its approx. 1 patio chair high

I only had the coilovers on for about a day and then put back in my old struts because the coilovers where shit. literally thing the spring rate was about 3-4k and the shocks felt blown which all in all made the car handle horrible.

but that isnt too bad, the springs and shocks on the car are actually mugen so it handles amazing on them. would still like something a little stiffer and lower though.

somehow managed to lose my original oil filer cap so replaced it with an rs mach racing one.

finally got my shift knob and threw it on. still however need to shorten the stick so it sits lower. And yes its actually a spent artillery round

Waiting on my vertex wheel to come so i can finally put a quick release on and get in and out of this death trap easier.

And the best for last. I'm waiting on half a widebody kit to come from japan. should be here mid to late november I only liked the front half of one kit and the back half off another so I'll be combining 2 kits essentially. Front half will be rs-mach and the back kit will be back yard special (flares on the purple beat on the first page). Ive orderded just the wide hood and front bumper. I will make my own splitter as im not very fond of the kits splitter, as well as probably add some canards.

I believe once ive got a whole kit assembled that I'll likely have the only widebody beat in the western hemisphere. also just a bit of interesting facts about the kit, notice in the second pic that the car has a white plate? kei cars are registered and have yellow plates, putting this kit on the car exceeds the limitiations of size for a kei car and actually means it needs to be re-registered and taxed as a full sized car

as well I'd like to try and make some J's racing style fenders out of the spare ones i picked up just to make the whole thing a bit more agressive

next update I'll hopefully have some parts here and on the car instead of just travelling across the sea, till next time gents
                      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

I love my Circuit Soul shift knob, but I wouldn't really call a 25mm round artillery haha. Glad to see some updates on this.

Comment

too cool, love it!

Comment

Holy balls, in for this one, you just created my favorite build thread

'08 335i

Comment

Wow, I never heard of this car until now. I love it! Can't wait to see more.
                              My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Im really looking forward to seeing this build. Awesome!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

Working...
                                X