Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project 911 Something, Building The Dream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id a wet dream recently that looked abit like this!!!

NICE BUILD.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/creaney/

Comment

plz at least for a while, rock those doors as is with the raw exterior.

Comment

Not much in the way of progress to report but I did test fit what will become my street wheels today and slightly surprisingly they clear the big 993 Turbo brakes with a small spacer! Going to need to play with the sizing down the road for a little more aggressive fitment as they are currently only 7" and 8" which won't give the sidewall profile I want. That is if some one can make me some new halves as they didn't make very many of these double step lip 17" HRE 311s. The ID of the Lip/Barrel is ~12" with a ~13" 20 bolt bolt circle. Can anyone confirm or deny compatibility with BBS spec halves?

They won't stay yellow but I haven't decided on the right color to go with the Panda color scheme of the rest of the car. I'm afraid the obvious choice of semigloss black would make the centers look smaller then they already do.

Last edited by EvanFullerton; 09-23-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Sub'd this looks boss I love these old 911's
          you sir have made me want to purchase for myself

Comment

Panda theme? Bamboo green.

Comment

Looks awesome man

Comment

20 bolt bbs parts have a bore of about 12-3/8", so those won't work for you.. you sure thats the bore size?

what is weird is that I have a set of these same hre 311 wheels in 16", but the face bore is that of a 16" 20 bolt bbs race wheel half.
                sigpic
                1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Astounding work thus far. The quality of work you're putting into this build is phenomenal.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Ya, it is strange. They measure out much smaller then the halves that would be used on a 3pc. converted 16x6" Fuch and the pedals are physically smaller then the 16x6" I have on a different car. It is as if the center was modeled after a 15" Fuch but I don't have any of those to compare to.

I just double checked my measuring and as near as I can tell, 12" center bore and 13" bolt circle diameter is correct. I could be off by 1/16" with them assembled and measuring with a tape but not much more then that, certainly not 3/8".

They are also center mount which is something I wasn't expecting when I bought them but what are you going to do. They are kinda cool, rare, and weren't obscenely expensive.

Some sort of pastel or tan or gray are the colors I have been toying with painting them but I can picture a grayish bamboo green color acidlips242. An automotive designer friend has worked on some of the color schemes with Singer and those have been pretty spot on so some of his impute will undoubtedly go into this car once it reaches the detail stage.
                    Last edited by EvanFullerton; 09-24-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

so bad ass dude! Would love a project like this one day!
                      Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

sick 911

'08 335i

Comment

Several months on and progress has been minimal. My final year of Engineering school has been taking most of my time and not working this year to focus on school has cut into the car budget quite a bit but here is what little has been done.

My custom intake adapters and fuel rails from TurboKraft showed up in time to be a Christmas present to my self. Pricy little buggers but should do the trick for mounting a 3.6L Vario Ram intake on my 3.0L.

Got some primer on the rear fender.

And got distracted by one of my Dad's cars......... that actually drives!

Spring break is coming up and I'm going to try and get a few more things knocked out if my Senior Project doesn't take up all my time. The dream is still alive....... just got to get a few more parts of life figured out first.

Comment

That's a pretty damn serious cage. Loving where this is heading.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

sub'd. looking good so far.

Comment

I'm tuned in long term lol

Comment

Working...
                                X