No announcement yet.

Sidewal bubbles/bulges? Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewal bubbles/bulges? Check in here!

Roll call on who's screwed up their sidewalls before. I'm curious as to how dumb I am or how common this is with camber and stretch. I've messed up three tires on the same wheel in a year or so now but I put on plenty of miles.

Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 245/35/18 on a 10.5. Happened twice on this set....

245/35/18 Hankooks on 10 over 7k miles or so. This just happened to me. Time for Federals

Bubbles are either from hitting bumps too hard or running the tire with low air pressure at some point. There are also certain tires that are more prone to bubbling than others.

Is your suspension very stiff/bottomed out?

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      Bubbles are either from hitting bumps too hard or running the tire with low air pressure at some point. There are also certain tires that are more prone to bubbling than others.

Is your suspension very stiff/bottomed out?
      Yes it's stiff and on bad roads.

Comment

Had that happen on my stockers! 17" Michelins, only on the front and was because of the sucky roads we have in Cincinnati. Also had it happen on some 16" Kumhos on my last Honda. Nothing you can do to fix it, but change the tire out.

Comment

Had it happen on Federals, Hankooks, Pirellis, and Nankang.

Was told this could happen due to improper mounting if the tire guy goes crazy stretching your sidewall trying to get it on/off. Hence why it tends to be more common on tires that have been previously used. (been dismounted/remounted x number of times before)
          Y'all know me, still the same OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Titty View Post
            Had it happen on Federals, Hankooks, Pirellis, and Nankang.

Was told this could happen due to improper mounting if the tire guy goes crazy stretching your sidewall trying to get it on/off. Hence why it tends to be more common on tires that have been previously used. (been dismounted/remounted x number of times before)
            Makes sense because the hankooks were used on a stretch, then I mounted them, and flipped them once. Sidewalls were noodly lol

Comment

Those bubbles happen due hitting something hard.
              Like side curbs or potholes.
              And better throw these tires away and get new ones.
              Because tire structure is broken from these places.
              And at high speed those spots get very hot and can go bang!
              I'm quite sure nobody wants to have a flat tire when doing 100km/h

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Had a Hankook V12 buble on me after putting air in it.

245/30/20 on a 20x10.5.

Was fine before I put air in it.
                sigpic
                ig: @theaccredited

Comment

Just for the record. An uncommon tire brand but I may as well document it.

Hercules Raptis WR1's 215/35 18 on 18x9.5

2 of the tires sidewalls bubbled on me slightly, but I feel as though I caught it early and it could have gotten worse. Both on the front. I believe it's just from hitting bad spots on these horrendous SoCal freeways -___-

Looking to try Federals next once I get my wheels back.
                  M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Follow my journey into the Stance World: MonsterMazda's Bag Build

Comment

Had it happen to a set of Federals that had 150 miles on them. Took us 3 people to get them on the wheel. Makes sense that stretching (to get them on the wheel) could cause this.

-Matt
                    SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

Working...
                    X