1995 Civic from the Northwoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Civic from the Northwoods

I've been following stance style and this forum for a year or two now and have finally decided to post my car now that its getting close to being operational.

I live in northern Wisconsin where any car more than 5 years old has surface rust and any car over 10 is not worth fixing up. I wanted a car that was a reliable, easy to modify and inexpensive since I was on a part time working 15 year old's budget.

I bought a 1995 Honda Civic cx that was completely stock near Dallas Texas while visiting family. It had the 1.5 non-vtec (d15b), which made the 20 hour drive back to northern Wisconsin with no problems (and unbelievable mpgs too!).

I always had the intention to modify it so I picked up a few things, mind you I was broke and uneducated at the time. So I bought a magnaflow catback, coilovers, some drag wheels in 17 inch and a poly front lip.

It stayed this way for about a year while I saved up some money to buy some serious parts. I ended up buying a b20b from some jdm supply website because it was the best bang for the buck and I could always turbo or do the Frankenstein with a b18c head or b16a.

I also thought that I could do bodywork (the car must be made of recycled pop cans or something because of how thin that metal is)... Well I got to a point where all I was doing anymore was adding bondo and sanding it all off, over and over. So I dropped it off with a buddy who does body work on the side looking like this.

I got home after my first year at college and he hadn't made much progress (it had been at his place for 8 months, but oh well, he was a busy guy) So I started helping him out after I got done with work and we've now got it to this point. I'll keep updates coming as the paint gets sprayed.

A couple questions for you guys, I've got two sets of wheels, the drag dr16s in 17 inch and I have factory enkei civic vx 13 inch wheels that I've sandblasted and have ready to be painted. What color should I paint the vx wheels? And, which set should I run on my car?

Lol at my 17s on my daily rustbucket vx!

Oh, and the pictures will be higher quality now, my b.

Had to put a radiator support in because mine had been in a wreck

Sanded down and ready to paint prep

Chrysler plum crazy purple (think new challengers) for the engine bay

What do y'all think of the color?

Comment

That purple looks awesome! In for more!
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

All cleaned up and ready to be painted.

I'm thinking maybe the same purple, white or maybe that bbs subura wheel gold.
        Oh, and the body of the car will be infiniti gun metal grey metallic.

Comment

lights - make stock
          wheels - make wide
          tires - make too small
          suspension - reduce height
          me - happy

nice start man, always loved the white EH hatch chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
            lights - make stock
            wheels - make wide
            tires - make too small
            suspension - reduce height
            me - happy

nice start man, always loved the white EH hatch chassis.
            Thanks, I would love to buy a set of 15x8 or wider if I can sell my wheels. but the lights are going back to stock and more low is in the near future.

Comment

sick hatch !! i like the purple !!

Comment

Ive always liked Eg hatches so im in to see where this thing goes.

(also love that purple)

Comment

I like the purple. Reminds me of Looneylow's EG. The only thing I would do is remove the Honda banner and go back to OEM headlights. Everything else looks good so far.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

actually, on that note.. stock wheels can look awesome on a honda methinks. if you get REALLY small (the smallest 14" tire you can buy) and get it on there, and just run the hellaSUNK look by slamming the car, it makes this like... hovercraft type of look. and all people see is an otherwise stock honda absolutely hammered on its stock wheels. i've seen this done with hubcaps a few times and i can't say i wouldn't do it.

Comment

Too poor of roads to go full hovercraft but spraying the purple on those stock wheels tonight or later this week, will post pics. And will be ordering some lower profile tires for them than stock for sure to go low

Comment

Originally posted by jerrychoochoo View Post
                        I like the purple. Reminds me of Looneylow's EG. The only thing I would do is remove the Honda banner and go back to OEM headlights. Everything else looks good so far.
                        Yeah the headlights and the window bannee were dumb, young kid decisions. They'll be off soon

Comment

Paint those stockers a metallic grey, so it looks like it could have been an OEM wheel color, but definitely different than the average.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Picked up the valve cover for the b20 tonight, still need to sand the text

Still amazed by the FACTORY ENKEIS!

And who else is ready for some exterior paint?! Doing the roof and jams tomorrow

Comment

Good work!

As for the wheels... 13's for life. Use them. Get some 185/60's and crazy spacers. They really could look cool. If you're painting the car white, I'd paint the wheels white as well.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                              X