No announcement yet.

Engine swapped '73 240z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see what the wheels look like on.

Comment

Can't wait to see them on Adrian, keep up the good work my man!
      My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        I think everyone lost there shit when they saw the Rota boxes.
        And then you're all like, loljkz check this shit out.

Then everyone was like
        Pretty much this.

Show rota boxes containing equips

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Originally posted by royalife View Post
          you got me.............

most importantly, where in NorCal are you?
          I'm in Redwood City, in between San Jose and SF.

The exhaust should be done today or Friday. I don't plan on modifying the stock L24 so I just went with 2.25" piping, no cat, no resonator, and a muffler. Should be decently loud but anything is better than the open headers lol.

New parts!! Ran out of space in the garage so they're chilling in my room haha

MSA Victory spoiler, Urethane airdam, and headlight covers. The fender mirrors are on back order and will take eons to arrive.

Got the tires mounted- 195/55r15 on 15x8.5/9"

Stretch on the 8.5"

Stretch on the 9"

And the last shot before they are on the car..

I know, I know just mount the damn wheels already- I agree! I'll check back in Friday with a test fit.
          '82 Volvo 242 build
          '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

This will be nice, very nice!

Comment

Wheels|Spoiler|Airdam

The exhaust took wayyy longer than expected but it came out sounding great and looks pretty sweet too. Its quiet-ish at idle and up to 3.5k but after that it gets pretty raspy and metallic. Its hard not to shift at 4k now haha

Its 2.25" piping, no cat, no resonator, and then vertical glass packs with angle cut tips:

Then I test fit the wheels:

I could not have asked for better sizing on stock fenders. The wheel pokes an inch but since they're 15s its not too close to the fenders, and the 195s will tuck up nicely under the fneders and I might even get away with just a roll, no pull, and no added camber.

This thing drives so great I really don't want to slam it, maybe fenders just below tire height, Idk we'll see how things progress..

Then came the spoiler/airdam. The spoiler is called the MSA Victory spoiler which is bigger than the standard BRE style spoiler some people get.

I didnt get any good pictures of the airdam since dinner pushed the install till after sun down so I'll get some better pictures with my friends camera of all the new parts.

This is just a mock up on the jack and wood blocks:

And this was in the parking lot at work:

The new parts totally changed the feel of the car and I'm really liking the meaty sidewall look on 15's. I just got my pay check and am debating between coils or all the other susp. stuff like TC rods, LCAs, bushings, etc.

Feel free to leave feedback!
              '82 Volvo 242 build
              '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

The deed is done..

I haven't bought coils yet, but fret not! I think I found a set of 4 GC coilovers for $250 and those should get here soon!

So I cut 2 coils rear and 1.5 front. I really didnt wanna lower it any more than that. I can still do speed bumps, driveways, and have fun driving it, but there is a noticeable reverse rake.. so I guess the front needs to come down another 1/2"

Here's where the cars at now-

My friend also took some pictures up at skyline blvd but unfortunately they are pre-lowering..

'82 Volvo 242 build
                '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

I like!

Comment

looking good
                    IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                    Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Just got my window louvers(louvres?) in the mail and test fit them. There is some hardware missing, and the paint is no bueno.

I'll have to figure out how to mount it and then I'll sand it down and paint it black- probably just rattle can it.

Small update, but that's where I'm at, I decided to not be a wuss and lower the front more; this is stanceworks after all! So new fitment shots will be coming to a build thread near you soon!
                      '82 Volvo 242 build
                      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN this build just got 35% better because of the louvers.

(I love those things)

I LOVE you

Comment

haha thanks, the mounting hardware that came with it is all messed up so I need to figure out a way to DIY mount them. I like what you're doing with the hatch!

My brakes were squealing really bad so I swapped out the brake pads, a surprisingly easy job:
                          wheels off

Caliper can stay attached to spindle

Pull out clips for retaining pins

slide out retaining pins

pop off retaining clips on both both calipers

slide out old pads and slide new ones in, getting the new ones in was a little tricky with out a caliper press (presses the piston in to make sliding in the new pad easier) but I got it done with minimal drama

then I rolled the fenders in the rear since it was rubbing pretty bad

and took some shots of the car- front needs to come down more..

I have some adjustable arms and links in the mail from Techno Toy Tuning that will get here today- Rear LCA, Front LCA, and Front Tension Control rod. Should have those in this weekend. Coils are on the back burner since it rides fine with the springs mildly cut and I really need to dial out some toe in the rear.
                          Last edited by aprophet13; 09-19-2014, 01:25 PM.
                          '82 Volvo 242 build
                          '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

My other friend got some nicer rollers up at skyline

'82 Volvo 242 build
                            '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Damn I love these cars, can't wait to see more, subbed and all.

Comment

I miss my s30s

I had a 73, 72 and 71(series 1) in 8 years of being obsessed with the car. Lots of knowledge gained if you ever have any questions.
                                Daily Driver: 2007 BMW 550i
                                Project: 1985 BMW 635csi

Project SmurfShark - BMW e24 Build thread
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...09#post1340209

http://instagram.com/xerxes310

Comment

Working...
                                X