Raceland? To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slocar View Post
    Say what now? O_o It's the exact opposite for me.

Look at my sig: the front can go down another inch and the rear is maxed out (and not really low).
    Yes, still running the helpers in the front ... if I wound them all the way down, I would almost have the frame laying on the ground (given I had tires skinny enough to still be able to turn) ... with no helper, they could go so low I'd actually have the frame sticking out on the other side of the world.

Comment

I just installed a set of Rokkors on my Mk1 GLI. No issues here at all. Not bouncy at all either. These are in a 1900lb car as well. Rokkors are the same as Racelands except they are supposed to have a stiffer spring rate. Also at $289 shipped i didn't even think twice about buying them for a $1700 car.

Rokkor is also producing coils for BMW's as well.
      SAABaru.
      IvyLeagueEast

Comment

It looks like the RL coilovers are on par with F&F, K Sport, D2 etc... Which gives you an idea of what kind of profit margin these companies are making on their products.

I really had no idea BMW guys used these inexpensive parts. Thought that was only a Honda thing.

Comment

they will lower your car but the spring rates are crazy stiff compared to the valving of the shocks, you will basically bounce around a bit and the ride wont give you any performance increases

is it better than stock height? probably

should you buy it? sure

Comment

i have them for my mkIV i havent installed them yet. There just generic coils.

Comment

What am I doing wrong?! The fronts are all compressed, but its not low enough. the fender is just above the tire..

Do I need camberplates?

Help me out here please

Comment

Originally posted by Skar View Post
                What am I doing wrong?! The fronts are all compressed, but its not low enough. the fender is just above the tire..

Do I need camberplates?

Help me out here please
                Are your helper springs still in? If so, yank 'em.

Comment

Do I need camberplates?

Help me out here please
                  trim the bumpstop. removing the helper springs wont do anything at this point. you are sitting on the bumpstops way before you even turn the adjuster all the way down.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

just put a set on my e36 about a week ago and two things:

1. you can go really really really low, i can tuck 17"x8.5" et 13 with 205 tires all the way around

2. they are a bit bouncy but not bad at all, i daily the car and it has been much better then what it was stock
                    That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                      trim the bumpstop. removing the helper springs wont do anything at this point. you are sitting on the bumpstops way before you even turn the adjuster all the way down.
                      I've cut the bumpstops in half and as your saying removing the helpers wont help me at all..
                      This is how its sits

(It's TA techniks coilovers, but it must be the same shit??)

Comment

I've cut the bumpstops in half and as your saying removing the helpers wont help me at all..
                        This is how its sits

(It's TA techniks coilovers, but it must be the same shit??)
                        i said that removing the helpers before cutting the bumpstops wouldnt help because the car is sitting on bumpstop even before turning the coils all the way down. now, if you already trimmed the bumpstop and removed the helpers, the only thing left is to use a shorter spring. i personally wouldnt do it on racelands. there isnt much travel left when you are threaded all the way down, so going with a shorter spring would probably give you zero travel. lol.
                        if those are racelands and they are correctly installed, there is something wrong with them.

edit: i just read that they are ta techniks coilovers. i wouldnt assume that these are the same coilover just by the external looks. racelands may have a shorter strut housing or an insert that allows for more travel. ive never heard of them but if you have done all you have said, the shock may be bottomed out internally, resulting in not being able to go any lower.
                        Last edited by NegativeCamber; 06-09-2010, 04:07 PM.
                        Originally posted by Kielan
                        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

They look exacly the same if you ask me..

Ta Technix
                          http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs48/f/20...by_besmusk.jpg

Raceland
                          http://h.imagehost.org/0217/upakov_i...k_amor_800.jpg

Comment

I ordered a set of these today for my e46. I have 2 questions that i'm sure most of you can answer for me.

1.) Do I need spacers? My friend that has a mk4 gti installed some on his car and he had some after market wheels, and the wheels hit the coil. I'm running stock wheels right now, and he told me I probably wouldn't need the spacers.

2.) Are there any weird tools I need to install these? I helped with the install on my friends mk4, but I'm just trying to make sure there isn't anything different with the install for my e46

-Michael

Comment

I'd like to add that Racelands have a super shitty ride, and if you think they're decent, you're deluding yourself.

Comment

What about TRD suspension?

Comment

Working...
                                X