Raceland? To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got mine today
    But i have some qustions, i'm going to slam my E36, but i heard that the fronts bounce and the rears doesnt go that low
    Should I take off the helpersprings?
    Cut the bumpstops i half?
    Remove something in the rear adjuster?

Comment

Originally posted by Skar View Post
      I just got mine today
      But i have some qustions, i'm going to slam my E36, but i heard that the fronts bounce and the rears doesnt go that low
      Should I take off the helpersprings?
      Cut the bumpstops i half?
      Remove something in the rear adjuster?
      The fronts suck. I drove with the rears only installed and loved it, when I put the fronts on and drove, I ***** life. So bouncy.

For the rear, I took the adjuster out so its just the spring. Its low enough for me.

I cut the bumpstops in half for the front, apparently it helps with the bounce. I have yet to drive with the bumpstops cut yet.

-Dan

Comment

the guys on clubroadster are rocking these things
        guys have placed in teh top 3 in autox against must more expensive suspension at equal experience supposedly. i cant say go for it, but the data is somewaht tehre that they dont suck completely
        Disclaimer:
        I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

A few guys on GolfmkV are using these for auto-X duty and they're holding up great.

Comment

Should I remove the helperspring?!

Comment

if you wanna go lower yea... .. why not?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I havent but them on the car yet, but would the car ride better if remove the helperspring is more the question

Comment

No, it'll ride worse. But that's the price you pay for moar low

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                    The fronts suck. I drove with the rears only installed and loved it, when I put the fronts on and drove, I ***** life. So bouncy.

For the rear, I took the adjuster out so its just the spring. Its low enough for me.

I cut the bumpstops in half for the front, apparently it helps with the bounce. I have yet to drive with the bumpstops cut yet.
                    I'm literally sitting on the bumpstops on mine and it's not that bad (only over certain surfaces/series of dips) .., but I'm scared if I cut them, I'm gonna destroy the fenders the first time I go over a bump while turning because there is literally a couple mm between my tire and fender.

Comment

NO. if you have them for the e36, i can vouch you WONT need to do that. dont even put them in zeroed(fronts) if you do you will be sittign frame on ground.

Comment

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

(im not home so i cant post pics) but thats with around 1" of thread left on the front. the front looks higher than it is. my subframe is almost on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by dfreshx00 View Post
                          NO. if you have them for the e36, i can vouch you WONT need to do that. dont even put them in zeroed(fronts) if you do you will be sittign frame on ground.
                          Yes, it's for my E36... I mounted them yesterday, they are turned all the way down and I just tuck the tire a little bittle How much will they drop once the springs settles?

The rear are very low tho

Comment

Say what now? O_o It's the exact opposite for me.

Look at my sig: the front can go down another inch and the rear is maxed out (and not really low).

Comment

^ you have helper springs in the front still?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Racelands settle quite a bit...almost .5" There are some "freak" sets out there that settle like 1.5"-2"...I think dfresh has one of them. They just inexplicably go lower than other Racelands...but most are like yours. Pull the front helpers, and the rear adjusters too if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X