Post your old cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I got my license Dec. 2010:

1. 1979 Lincoln Town Coupe (in family since new!)

2. 2001 Audi A6 2.7T

3. 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi

4. 2004 Volvo S60R AWD 6MT

5. 1988 BMW 528e (summer project, sold before I went to college)

6. 2009 Mazda6 3.7L Sport

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• My first car: 2003 Acura CL Type-S. Dropped on Eibach sportlines from an Accord V6, custom exhaust, intake, and some car audio. Totaled it in the I-10 eastbound tunnel taking the turn into it a little too fast on wet roads.

Second car: 1995 Taurus SHO ATX. It was straight-piped, had '96 brakes, and some car audio.

Third car: 1999 BMW 328i. It had a muffler delete, 5% tint, and some car audio.

After the new grills, corners, and wheels...right before I sold it

My current car: 2006 Civic Si. It has a Takeda sri, P2R tb spacer, and a no-name axle-back exhaust

1993 BMW 325i
      2001 BMW 330ci vert
      2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

• My first: The Ghettoblaster, a '94 Sentra E. As bone-basic as Nissan could make them - no radio, no A/C, no power steering, no power period. Threw every penny my highschool ass could make at that car:

Went to college, didn't have enough money to keep working on the car, got bored, and got rid of it. I think had it been an SR20 instead of a GA16, or had it managed to actually be reliable, I might have kept it, but who knows.

For a while, I concerned myself more with friends' builds, including a Sentra that was big in the Seattle scene back in the early 2000s, and a friend's rally car. I decided to get more practical and had a fleet of terrible L-series Subarus:

The unnamed '92 Loyale:

And Sunshine the Battlewagon, a '93:

Both were just complete shitboxes, but they were tough little buggers. By the time Sunshine was done, it had no carpet from flooding it once or twice, and the unibody was pretty severely bent from jumping it. It was also just completely covered in bumper stickers, which I thought was hilarious at the time.

In 2006, I decided I needed to do more to support OPEC, so I bought an XJ. Rubicon Express 2" lift, 30" BFG A/Ts, obnoxious exhaust, pretty basic:

After four years of ownership, the XJ died a cooling-system-related death, as 4.0s are wont to do, so I sold it for next to nothing. It later tried to kill its new owner with a mysterious brake failure.

My girl and I had been getting into camping and exploring the eastern side of the state a lot more, so I decided to grab something with a little more range and offroad prowess than the XJ had, and got this big fella:

Cummins 6BT, manual trans, Dana 60/70 combo, 35" Cooper STTs, HX35 turbo, 30-ish pounds of boost, and lots of little mods. It was fast, it was loud, it got attention everywhere it went. Terribly fun truck, but it was just brutal to drive. Even an hour in the truck and you were just exhausted from how loud and rough it was. So I sold it for $9000 more than I bought it for, and decided to get back into the 2WD game for a while.

After much shopping, I finally got my current ride, which you all have been kind enough to share in the build of:

Other stuff I currently have is a very boring '04 Lancer that has been an absolute tank, and this very slow-going project, my girlfriend's 1979 Vespa P200E:

Comment

Working...
        X