Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sick! I didn't know the engines were actually assembled in Germany, I thought that they were just based off of the MB. Been following you for a while on IG, keep it up man!

Also, did they make vert SRT-6 crossfires? I think I saw one this morning (had the big spoiler not the veyron-style one) on the way to work. It was black
    2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
      Pretty sick! I didn't know the engines were actually assembled in Germany, I thought that they were just based off of the MB. Been following you for a while on IG, keep it up man!

Also, did they make vert SRT-6 crossfires? I think I saw one this morning (had the big spoiler not the veyron-style one) on the way to work. It was black
      Thanks man! I And yeah these cars are about 80% German, 20% American. The only reason you can tell it's a Chrysler is because of the cheap-o interior plastics and the droopy headliner.........lol.

And yeah they made SRT-6's in convertible trim. I was actually originally considering an SRT-6 convertible since I was coming from a Miata and ***** to give up having a convertible. But the more I looked at them the less I liked them and eventually decided on the coupe. The rear roofline/c-pillars is what gives these cars their character in my opinion and you lose that bodyline with the verts. The verts however are a little bit rarer than the coupes.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I cleaned up my engine bay a little bit over the weekend. It's one area of my car that I admittedly neglect when it comes to cleaning. It's not quite showroom fresh but hey it's a 9 year old car afterall. I want to eventually have my supercharger and valve covers powdercoated but i'm not sure what color I want to do. I was thinking maybe a gunmetal metallic color of some sort. I want something relatively neutral.....not too flashy.....but not so neutral that it appears to be stock. Thoughts?

Before

After

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Nice SRT6 man

Some years ago I've owned the german brother of your car (SLK32 AMG).
          IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Ugh I'm loving this thing and what you've done so far.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
              Nice SRT6 man

Some years ago I've owned the german brother of your car (SLK32 AMG).
              Nice!

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
              Ugh I'm loving this thing and what you've done so far.
              Thanks Stuart!

I might take a stab at reskinning my headliner in microsuede this weekend. I'm just worried that the awkward angles on this car are going to make it extra difficult to get the headliner out.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I like this. Despite my dislike of most Chrysler products, I was the only one of my friends that actually really liked the Crossfire when it came out. I always thought they looked cool, and yours looks the best out of all of them.

These sound awesome too.

It's a work in progress^
                Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Any chance you're bringing this to the Chrysler Nationals?

Comment

Originally posted by JRodigan View Post
                    I like this. Despite my dislike of most Chrysler products, I was the only one of my friends that actually really liked the Crossfire when it came out. I always thought they looked cool, and yours looks the best out of all of them.

These sound awesome too.
                    Thanks man! Mine just has a custom axle-back for now so it doesn't really sound much better than stock. I'm planning to delete the resonator soon though so i'm hoping for a throatier exhaust note when I do so.

Originally posted by fac3l3ss View Post
                    Any chance you're bringing this to the Chrysler Nationals?
                    I was considering it but more than likely not due to work and whatnot.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I always (secretly) thought the Crossfire had potential. I couldn't figure it out but you did! I really love the Dip job. I could use your guy to do my Cosworth

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Looks like a mini M113 motor. That thing probably gets moving. Cool build. Clean and very unique.

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                          I always (secretly) thought the Crossfire had potential. I couldn't figure it out but you did! I really love the Dip job. I could use your guy to do my Cosworth
                          Originally posted by Ressler View Post
                          Looks like a mini M113 motor. That thing probably gets moving. Cool build. Clean and very unique.
                          Thanks guys!
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                            Nice!

I might take a stab at reskinning my headliner in microsuede this weekend. I'm just worried that the awkward angles on this car are going to make it extra difficult to get the headliner out.
                            Just a tip because I've been there, microsuede will fade with UV light, happened after a couple of months on my car and I had to re-do it in something else. Alcantara is the only "suede" that is UV resistant.

Love the color btw, suits the car very well.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              Just a tip because I've been there, microsuede will fade with UV light, happened after a couple of months on my car and I had to re-do it in something else. Alcantara is the only "suede" that is UV resistant.

Love the color btw, suits the car very well.
                              Even with tinted windows and my car being a garage a good bit of the time?
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I'm loving this. Very cool and very different
                                Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                                check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Working...
                                X